“As advertised - Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Bellevue, Washington
“As advertised - Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had too many recommendations to NOT make a trip to Mama's during our short Maui trip so we worked it into our schedule for lunch and boy are we glad we did!
Mama's is a Maui establishment, very popular, very busy and fairly expensive. It's completely worth it for the food, view and ambiance and if you enjoy ocean front seafood with a great tiki vibe you owe it to yourself to work it into your itinerary.
We opted for lunch given how far it was from our hotel in Wailea and it worked out wonderfully. After a nice leisurely drive we arrived at 12:30 and spent just a few minutes exploring the beautiful grounds and views before being sat. Our table was just inside, on the cusp of the outside/beach area. We had great views. I would highly recommend you request either outdoor seating or a table near the outdoors - I think the experience would be quite a bit different if someone ate during a jam packed dinner service and was sat at a table way in the back, deep inside. Avoid that.

The kids got virgin frozen drinks that they loved and we had to go with two of the specialty cocktails which were delicious and properly garnished with pineapple wedges and an umbrella.

Our kids both got fried shrimp and chips which they enjoyed. I had read enough ahead of time to have my heart set on one single item - the crab and lobster stuffed mahi mahi. Boy was it great. It's rich and heavenly with a nice pineapple based, buttery sauce. I cleaned my plate and loved every bite. My wife got the Ono dish w/ kalu pig fried rice and also loved it.

We were way too full for desert but that was fine as we had a delicious lunch and left stuffed.

The grounds are beautiful - pristine sands, a shaded palm tree forest, rocks and clear ocean waters of various hues of blue. Make sure to get yourself and/or your kids inside the large boat out front for a photo opp. If you've got some extra time, it's worth just lounging at the beach before you leave. The restaurant is decked to the gills in tiki and island décor and has a great vibe. You'll also see some of the most beautiful flowers and floral arrangements you'll see anywhere on the island.

Mama's came through as advertised. It was a delicious meal with great service and an amazing view/vibe.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Canton, Ohio
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I agree ....just go here ...might be a tad pricey but the service is 5 star as is the food. Best meal we had on Maui.

• Visited August 2014
Foster City, California
“Mama's Fish House - Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Mama's Fish House in Paia is a "splurge" restaurant that everyone loves, if only they make the time to go. It is a drive from all of the traditional resort areas on Maui, but Paia itself is a fun little hippie town!
Even at lunch, the entrees are ~$50 but we both loved our choices. Great fish specials that are fresh, fresh, fresh! The mai tai was not my favorite; I try them everywhere I go whether in Hawaii or the Mainland. For me, it was too much citrus. I marked "value" in my rating as "very good" rather than "excellent" because, although I expected the prices, I think other restaurants on Maui have comparable food at slightly lower prices.
Valet parking is required, which is oh so convenient. The restaurant is ideally located on a secluded beach. (The owners' home is also right on the beach!) Great views out of the wide open windows. The interior is tasteful island decor - very comfortable and relaxing. Aloha attire for guests. The service was friendly and efficient. Our server told us personal stories of the restaurant origins and her experience working for the owners.
Yes, I would go again, but Mama's is not a cheap date if that is something that is a concern for you.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank June J
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious food, amazing menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We came here to celebrate our one year anniversary. We had booked in advance for sunset hour letting them know it was an anniversary dinner, and the staff was fantastic! We had a table right by the window that looked out onto the beach and sunset. The staff celebrated with us, and the food was AMAZING. Started with margaritas, a local beer and the prawn appy the server recommended. For our main we had the mahi-mahi crusted with macadamia nuts... one of the best meals I've ever had. We ended with chocolate macadamia nut ice cream. Make sure you book a reservation, and research sunset hour and book for then! Menu may be a bit pricey for some but is definitely worth the splurge.

• Visited February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“A MUST WHEN IN MAUI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is the best restaurant EVER and a must while in Maui. It is pricey but worth it! Absolutely beautiful surroundings! Great beach to view and to take pictures. Fantastic fresh food, presented in such a beautiful way. They make you feel special!! I would recommend making reservation, as it fills up.

Visited August 2014