“Hands Down Best Meal, Maybe Ever!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed two weeks in Kaanapali (down the road from Lahaina) which is about a 45 minute easy drive to Mama's Fish House in Paia. Definitely a meal you want to savor and enjoy and not worry about returning after dark and after cocktails, wine or both. Lunch worked for the six of us and nothing, absolutely nothing, was disappointing. Gorgeous setting with major photo ops. Wonderful authentic island décor. Happy employees - easy to see why. MUST have reservations! We waited in the bar because it was so fabulous and the bartenders friendly and knew how to make a great mai tai. Lunch was prompt and the presentation beautiful and SO delicious! Our waiter was fantastic. Yes, it is pricey. Just so worth every minute. This is not just a meal; it's an experience to be savored and remembered. I know I am speaking for all six of us!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,624)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've visited Maui in excess of 20 times (yes, I love Maui), and I never visit without stopping by Mama's Fish House for dinner. EVERYTHING on the menu is awesome. The best thing on the menu, however, is Mama's special lobster stuffed Mahimahi. It is so good! Better yet is the vew from the restaurant, as it sits on a beautiful beach with ocean views of the best windsurfers in the world! For an extra thrill, before or after dinner, if it's not too dark, drive up the road to the first parking area on the left and watch the surfers and windsurfers at the famed Ho'ookipa Beach. Breathtaking skills! Mama's is a little spendy, but well worth it! Enjoy!

1  Thank HookieHookie
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I tried for a month in advance of trip to get reservations for dinner and they were booked. While in Maui I decided to try for a Lunch reservation and was able to get one. We did a helicopter tour in the morning followed by lunch at Mama's and an afternoon trip to Hana. Made for a long day. But man oh man, is Mama's good.

Took my family of 6 there and at first the kids were having a hard time finding something to order. They had to step out of their comfort zone a bit but no ended up loving the food. My wife had a lobster sandwich which was great and I had pork and shrimp which were phenomenal. $200 for dinner on Maui is common but $200 for lunch is pricey. But the food and the ambience were worth it.

I would go there again and order the same thing.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to Mama's spur of the moment for lunch - got there at 11am (when they openned) and was able to get a table with a great view of the beach and Ocean. You need to make reservations weeks (months?) in advance if you want to dine at normal hours (12 to 1 or 6 to 8 in the evening).

Mamas had the same menu for lunch as it does for dinner - so we had one of the most expensive lunches we have ever had ($139 - with no wine) - but it was good. The fish was fresh caught that morning and you could really tell it. The preperation was delightful as was the service.

So go and enjoy - it is a great experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Mama’s. Loved the personal note at the table when we arrived. The fresh lei smelled heavenly. The view from the restaurant is gorgeous and we made reservations so we could watch the sunset. I would highly recommend reservations. Our waiter was professional and friendly. He provided top notch service. Our meal was fantastic. I had been craving coconut and when the waiter said they had a coconut cake dessert I was elated! Unfortunately, they had run out of the cake and our poor waiter could see the disappointment on my face. Even though I didn’t vocalize my disappointment he took the lead and comp’d our desserts. I thought that was a very nice gesture and excellent customer service. I would have gladly paid for the dessert if it had not been comp’s…. it was delicious. The food and service will keep me coming back to Mama’s every time I visit Maui . It is worth every penny!!!