“An unforgettable choice for a special occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Sydney, Australia
“An unforgettable choice for a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

There's not much for me to add since the reviews are all very positive and I am in agreement with most. The food is sublime and the cost certainly reflects this. What is so special though, is the setting. We went here on the first night of our honeymoon and I couldn't have pictured a more romantic setting. The restaurant is nestled into the shore and has it's own private beachfront which offers spectacular sunset views - so go for dinner or you're missing out! You will never forget your meal here.
Lastly I would recommend trying the ceviche appetizer. The desserts are not quite as spectacular - a bit on the heavy side - but still nothing to complain about.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Crazy Expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place is crazy expensive for the quality and quantity of the food. We didn't know that before that the prices are extremely high. For 2 people it cost us $280 without any wine bottles. We had 2 drinks each costing $15 each. I’m a vegetarian who doesn’t eat fish. People who say they are vegetarians but eat fish are not vegetarians. Though, the place accommodated me with Tofu and vegetables which was good but not worth $46. The dishes are made simple, not too many ingredients so not sure why they are charging an arm and a leg. Yes, the views are fantastic but its Maui, of course the views are great.

I wouldn’t go to this place again because I don’t think it is worth the money when the dishes are so tiny.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We went there for lunch before heading on the road to Hana. Probably not the best move if you want to do the entire drive (we stopped at mile marker 15 and headed back...but I don't think we missed anything). The view was unbelievable, as was the food and service. The poke appetizer was delicious. It was a pricey lunch, but we knew that going in. Definitely a must stop for the delicious food and amazing atmosphere/service.

Los Angeles, California
“Our Favorite Fish House!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We love this Restaurant!! We go every time we vacation to Maui. The Ambiance with the grounds right in the beach. We went for lunch this trip and it is beautiful! You can see out to the ocean. For dinner at sunset hours it is even better!!!

Service is excellent. We enjoy the shrimp wonton, lobster guacamole, and beef Polynesian as appetizers.

I had the Ono sautéed in a Mushroom and caper sauce, my wife enjoys the Mahi Mahi stuffed with Lobster. We also order a local coffee or Kona coffee to drink with Dessert! It is pressed right at your table. For dessert we love the banana mac crisp and TE Kaua Pie!!!

It is expensive. A lot of Maui restaurants that serve high quality foods are. There is also a lot of competition on the island so there are many places to get a good meal!

I will always choose Mama's because I love everything about the restaurant!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome w/ Stepford Wives Servers or Aliens (not sure which)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

OK, lets deal with the servers - - overall the service at restaurants in Maui stinks - - too many people holding down too many jobs to do any one of them well (it is after all awfully expensive to live here). The robot allusion however applies well here, the watch you like hawks, don't miss a move and are extremely helpful, but definitely a little chilly/formal/quirky. This is not your typical under 25 staff, they know their jobs and do their jobs extremely well.

Food was awesome, from the sashimi, fresh as fresh can be, to the greens and sides that were all locally grown. I had a tomato salad that was one of the best I have ever had, perfectly seasoned and dressed with a perfect balance of acid to fend off the sweetness of the tomatoes. As an entré I had the Ono sautéed with mushrooms, perfectly cooked excellent fish, however, they did go a little overboard on the local olive oil.

A fine meal. Like all fine dining on Maui it was very expensive. Wine list is mediocre, bring your own if you have it. View fantastic. Setting idyllic. Enjoy it, you'll go back again and again.

• Visited July 2014