“great food”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed June 21, 2014

the food was amazing ,small portions for a huge price and elbow to elbow crowded . mai tais were good and strong but the rum in them was not top shelf for the price .

There are newer reviews for Mama's Fish House

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We loved everything! We started with drinks, Mai Tai's and the Relaxer which were made to perfection! We had the ceviche for an appetizer and it was amazing. So fresh and the flavor was just delicious. My meal consisted of 3 pieces of fresh fish in a curry sauce with macadamia nuts, mango chutney and banana as a sides. This was probably one of the best dishes I have ever had. It was so filling I had leftovers. And we split the banana macadamia nut crisp for dessert. Even after being stuff, I still managed to eat nearly half of this!
Mama's is worth the drive, it was the most recommended to us on the island and other places even compared their food to Mama's (there is truly no comparison).
Make a reservation though, walk in tables are scarce.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was one of the best seafood meals I ever had.We had the Opakapaka Ceviche and the Macadamia nut crusted Mahimahi - what a delight.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We've considered Mama's fish house our special splurge dining experience when visiting Maui. This time we were very excited to take my Sister to Mama's on her first visit to the island.The food as usual did not disappoint and we were more than pleased with all of our dining choices.
The disappointing part of our visit was arriving to find the whole scenic beach front area filled with noisy equipment (flatbed truck, tractor, bobcat, crane) and workers removing/planting trees. The ambiance of this gorgeous setting was totally missing.In hindsight, I think a courtesy call from the restaurant to mention that this work would be going on would have meant a great deal to us, perhaps we would have rescheduled so as to enjoy the whole experience. Considering the prices you pay maybe a complimentary cocktail or dessert in apology would have made a difference.

1  Thank bonnie l
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I took our first trip to Maui in March. At our resort in Kaanapali, several couples recommended we go to Mama's Fish House as it was the best meal they had while on Maui. As we had a late flight leaving Maui, we decided to head there on the way to the airport for an early dinner. I tried to make reservations, but the restaurant was booked.

We decided to stop in on our way, and made immediate reservations at their hut in the parking lot. When we walked to the restaurant, we were seated immediately, but towards the back of the restaurant. Our waiter was very helpful explaining the food, which was delicious. It was pricey, but you get what you pay for - the food was excellent. And it was my last time enjoying a brew from the Maui Brewing Company.

After we ate, I asked the waiter to take a picture of my wife and I, and he took several with different backgrounds. I definitely would recommend Mama's Fish House, and will return whenever I return to Maui!

1  Thank Steve L