“Potentially One of the Best Eats in Maui”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Although a little on the pricey side, this place exudes a true hawaiian vibe. From its locations, the backdrop, the ambience and the feel among the staff just feels hawaiian to me. Had the pleasure to enjoy a quick lunch during the Maui leg of my trip. This was our lunch stop after partially doing RTH and did some hiking. We didnt have any reservation but was seated right away. Our table was close to the outdoor setting which had a nice cool breeze during a warm maui noon time. The wait staff was amazing. They make you feel special. The quick appetizers provided were very good, homemade bread and butter and a maui tomate bisque. The bisque is super good. Really pack with flavor. We order a round of drink for four, each had a different item. Mine was Mai Tai ww/c was really good. Ordered my appetizer of Papa's 3 Sashimi plate. Enjoyed it very much. Didn't order any main course as I was still full from my snacks of coconut ans banana bread but my friends did. I believe they LOVED their food as evident by the empty plate right after. Two of them ordered the grilled mahi and boar, they said its one of the best they had. In lieu of the meal, I ordered another drink this time I asked the staff of his recommendation. He suggested the pineapple rum something (cant remember exact name) but it was very very good. It gave me a good buzz as finished our meal and got ready for our drive to Kihei for some beach time. Would definitely come back on next visit to Maui. Mahalo!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,287)

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food! Flavors and preparation were incredible! Pricey!!! But definitely worth it!
Was highly recommended! Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Yes, it's expensive, but if you're going to Maui, you're spending a lot of cash anyway! Definitely make a reservation and try to sit near the water if you can for a better view. Service is excellent, and it's cool to look at the menu and see the names of the boats that caught the fish that morning! (Not sure if they still do that--we were there a few years ago.) Maui's a small island relatively speaking, so it's easy to drive over from just about anywhere. Worth a trip if you're looking for a special-occasion dinner. We also stayed a few nights in one of Mama's nearby efficiencies--nothing spectacular there but it was clean and convenient. Definitely some better/fancier accommodations on the island.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We came here and had made reservations for our honeymoon. Everything from the drinks to desert was amazing!! We got 4 Mai Thais an appetizer and two entrees and a desert for $215. Not too bad! Would do it all over again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

There isn't much I can tell you that hasn't already been said, this restaurant is not to be missed. Mama's is a dining experience, one that you'll always remember fondly. My wife and I struggled to get dinner reservations, so we opted for early dinners at 3pm and we had no issues with getting a table. You can reserve a table online.