“Excellent food and service”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I went here on the advice of a friend and I am sure glad I did. Food was awsome and tasty. Our waiter was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about all the food. A+++

Write a ReviewReviews (12,439)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

First rate! It was our 25th wedding anniversary and what an experience. The food and service was impeccable. You know the old saying "you get what you pay for" well, it's not inexpensive to eat here, but boy was it worth it!!
We'll be back.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The experience of dining at this place is so good, it's probably illegal in North Korea. Yes, it's expensive, and absolutely worth it. The food is impeccable, the service terrific, and the view...hey, it's MAUI. And, you get to view one of the prettiest spots from your table. The last time i ate here, i kept a copy of the menu, and have it framed on my wall in the kitchen-it's that good. I would rather buy a plane ticket, fly to Maui and have lunch here than drop the same money at the French Laundry, and it would be a better deal by far.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went back and forth whether to try this place. Friends of ours said best meal they've ever had, but warned us of price. Read many reviews that made me afraid it wouldn't be worth our drive from west Maui or the money. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised and my mouth waters as I write this review. We went for lunch and reservations were easy the day before (even changed time the morning of) on opentable. We were rewarded with the most beautiful ocean view at one of the tables right at the window. This set the tone that it would be an amazing meal! We had the prawns and sashimi 3 ways to start and shared their staple entree the crab and lobster stuffed mahi mahi. I honestly could have made a meal with just apps, but it was all SO delicious and incredibly fresh! Everything prepared perfectly and melted in our mouths. Hands down, our best meal in Hawaii. Also, they pour wine by the glass at the table, which I thought was a nice touch. Brace yourself, it will be expensive, but certainly a delectable experience you won't forget!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I love everything about Mama's... we make it a point to eat here every time we visit Maui. We went to Mama's for a surprise graduation dinner for my daughter. As always the food and service were outstanding. Although the food is on the higher end it's worth the splurge.