“Truely Delicious”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This place is on the beach down a little path, make reservations if you can. The seafood bisque they serve with the freshly baked bread loaf is amazing. The lobster tails are divine and the fish is caught fresh every morning. This little place is great for a romantic dinner and a stroll on the beach.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've reviews this before but it still stands.

What can I say? We've been here before and every time it is just as good. Had them academia but crusted magi which was phenomenal but shocking we liked the lemon butter sautéed eku better actually. The appetizer of Ono in coconut was amazon and soooooooo fresh. The Prawns in Tahitian vanilla butter were also just amazing

The atmosphere, our server Jeff and the food were all so great. Every time we are in Maui we try and come here and always will as it is one of the best restaurants in all of Maui!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I wanted a special night out on our last night in Maui, which we thought Mama's Fish House, largely due to the great reviews, could provide.

Our table was right by the windows overlooking the grounds and the ocean, beautiful indeed.

Started off with a Maui Margarita $18 and a glass of Burgess Merlot $15.

The food was well prepared and very tasty, portions sizes on the small side.

Appetizers......Wasabi Crusted Calamari (they were perfectly fried, tender, but I could barely taste the wasabi, making this dish a bit bland). Mama's Salad, very good! Each appetizer was $18.

Entrees....Mahimahi stuffed with lobster and crab $52 and seared Yellowfin Ahi in a ti leaf with mango salsa and coconut rice $42. Enjoyed both dishes.

We were served a complimentary poppy seed bread with butter and a sip of some tasty mushroom soup prior to our appetizers. A nice touch was the hot cloth for our hands after the dinner.

Our wait staff was extremely efficient and friendly, except the frazzled hostess who was debating some other customer's reservation glitch with a colleague right in front of us while we were awkwardly waiting for seating. Not a beautiful welcome.

We had a nice experience and were not disappointed. However, considering how very expensive this place is, I do have to say, the restaurant is huge, very busy and noisy. It does have a bit of a commercialized feel to it and for me the intimate / romantic vibe was just not there. And yes, no doubt, it is overrated and the food and drinks are overpriced, therefore, my lower rating.

My take, been there done that.....will try something different next time.

1  Thank Sabine F
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As a world traveler, cuisine critic & resident of Maui - I can state that it doesn't get any better than dinining at Mamma's Fishhouse! The ambiance, service and diverse styles of menu selections is unrivaled! Any local fish preparation selected promises to be inclusive of a Pacific delight that was alive within 24 hours of your dining experience. Diversity of cusine available can satisfy any discerning palate. The menu is daily specific. Desserts are unique and decadent. I have never been dissappointed in my hundreds of dining experiences at Mamma's over the past 30 years. Although most would refer to the food and beverage selections as expensive, this dining experience is incomparable.

1  Thank James V
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We knew it was going to cost more than any other meal, and it did. And it was worth it! This gorgeous restaurant on this stunning little beach is a must do on Maui. We decided to order a few smaller plates: a great decision! My fave was the deep fried Ono fish as an appetizer that was so delicious. My husband raved over the sashimi platter which was quite wonderful also. The floral arrangements were amazing. I am a florist so I went nuts, naturally, and their florist deserves the NOBEL PRIZE!!!! They should give that out sometimes to florists and chefs. They can give it to Mama, too, for her supreme Fish House.

1  Thank holly h