“Second time was just as amazing as the first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Los Angeles, California
“Second time was just as amazing as the first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love Mama's Fish House. It is by far one of the best meals I have had in my life. The service, the location, and the food are all excellent. The ambience is amazing with a picture perfect view of the water. The cocktails were also amazing. If you are in Maui, you really should treat yourself to a meal and an experience that you will never forget. Thank you Mama's Fish House for your consistency 7 years later. You are as perfect as I remembered!!!

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Universal City,Ca
“A Beautiful Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our timing was great and we had just did a marathon run of the road to Hana.
Desperately in need of some TLC.
We had heard some great comments around the pool about Mama's,and even so,before we left the mainland.
We had quite the character,Christopher,our server,who was the kindest,most attentive,and welcoming man EVER.
MAMAS did not disappoint!!
I've had Mai Tai's,but this is in a class of its own.
My husband and I both had fish,of course,and it was heavenly.
A greens salad,such a mice touch,and since it was our first visit,even a tuberose lei,so sweet!!
But the qu de Gris was their CREME Brûlée .....OUI LA LA!!!
This is,by far,the BEST EVER,we had ever tasted,ever!
We will return,and will ask for. His topper,who made us feel so at home and welcome.

• Visited May 2014
Campbell River, Canada
“Fabulous Valentines setting and meal although pricy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on recommendation of friends. It did not disappoint. The setting is on the beach, and there were tiki torches lit as the sun went down. Very romantic. The restaurant is open to the outside and we had a view of the ocean. The service was great and the meal even better. While we did not have a desert, the chocolate clam shell looked delicious. Reservations are recommended. The is an expensive outing, but we had expected it to be and it was worth it.

• Visited February 2014
San Mateo, California
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

There is nothing much more I can tell in addition of all the reviews that you see below. I went there for my birthday because I read so many good reviews in this site. The food was amazing, the view was gorgeous and our waiter was great, knowledgeable and funny. After our appetizer and as the sun was setting we asked him to hold off on preparing our dinner for 15 minutes as we wanted to go take few pictures. He gladly accommodated us. I was surprised actually as this restaurant is in high demand so I was expecting them to work on the clock and make sure that customers do not stay long to help higher turnout.

I had a wonderful birthday dinner. :-)

Make sure ordering black pearl chocolate mousse for desert. It is beautifully done and tastes good.

Visited May 2014
Paia, Hawaii
“Probably the best restaurant in the state”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's the only place where they list who caught the catch of the day and where. Everything is good, even the homemade bread and soup before the meal. I can live off of the appetizers alone, especially the Opakapaka collar. And since everybody goes there for fish they miss the meat entrees like the prime beef short ribs. Mmmmm . . . . Then there's the view, the great service, etc etc. It's all very pricey but worth it.

• Visited June 2013