“Wonderful surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Smithville, MO
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stopped at Mama's on our last day on Maui and we were very glad we happened on to this restaurant. Four of us were there in the early afternoon without reservations, but got seated after only a 15 minute wait. The view is spectacular...like a postcard! The food was fabulous...Mahimahi was a favorite as well as the Hawaiian Sampler...I was concerned about the "Octopus Luau" on the sampler but wanted more after trying it...delicious!!!! If you only have one desert (we shared 3) try the Polynesian Black Pearl. It is worth it for the presentation...however all three deserts were delicious!! Mama's is a bit on the pricy side, but it is worth it! We will return!!!!!

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Maryland
“One of the best dinners in Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We ate here our last night in Maui. Apparently so did three other couples in First Class on our trip home that night. Service was stellar. We were way too early and were seated in the bar and brought oysters and wine. Then moved to the dining room. Great guidance from the waiters on food and wine choice. I love it when we choose a wine and I get sent in another direction by my waiter. Of course he has to be right. The room was large but warm and without the noise in a lot of other large dining rooms. This is absolutely a do over next time we are in Maui.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oakville, Canada
“The absolute best place I've ever been!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place is unreal. I can't count the times I've told people back home about this place. We ordered fish that was caught THAT DAY and the name of the fisherman who caught the fish was in the menu!!! It was unreal. We had the BEST waiter (wish I could remember his name) and he had been there forever and was so nice. The food was incredible. We were on the last night of our vacation and we couldn't get into this place the whole trip and my husband called telling them that we were on the last night of our honeymoon and they made space for us! the setting is unreal, right on the water and totally beautiful. I couldn't believe how amazing it was all around! I would never return to Maui without making a reservation there before I get there, because I think about this place in my dreams and wish I could get sea food like this back at home. If you don't go to Mama's Fish House while in Maui, it would be the biggest regret of your life!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carolynne A
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best Seafood Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've actually been here many times and it never disappoints. The fish is the freshest you will ever have, and you can read when and where it was caught on the menu. But get desserts too...and come ready to get a photo with a view.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wade29
Oakdale, New York
“A++++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place was great! Hard to get a reservation, so plan ahead a little. However, we did go early one night and only waited about 15 mins or so. The stuffed mahi mahi was the best i have ever tasted! They had great drinks, and our waiter was amazing! thanks for a great night!! A+++

Visited February 2014