“Better than advertised!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Everyone says Mama's is the best fish experience in Maui. The whole fresh fish for two was the best fish I have ever eaten including personal fresh caught fish! The wasabi fried calamari appetizer is delicious and different from any other calamari I have ever tasted. Desserts are delicious. Smiles best describes the service.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,598)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

From the cocktails and appetizers to the delicious coffee and Liliko’i Crème Brulèe dessert, this was one of the most delightfully enjoyable meals we've ever eaten. And the outstanding view and exceptional service made it even more memorable. we will definitely put Mama's Fish House at the top of our "Maui Must-Do" list.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The setting of this place is spectacular. Parking is by valet and the restaurant is large and very busy. We went for lunch so we could enjoy the grandeur of the sea lapping the shore right at the restaurant. The service could not have been better and the food was almost indescribable. We shared several dishes including the crab cakes, salad and the ginger and panko seared ahi tuna. All were wonderful. All tables had a view of the ocean, making the experience one we will remember forever!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Did I just get dropped off by a tour bus into the 1970s? OMG! When there are autographed photos of Frank Sinatra next to Fabio and Aerosmith, get back your valet tag and head into the hippie town of Paia for an authentic meal. Have to say, I have NEVER been to a restaurant, crashing blue blue ocean view or not, that had $26 entrees on the "keiki" menu. My $46 ono was on the dry side. My 11yo got a tasty $38 pot roast. Granted, when I mentioned my fish was dry, it was promptly removed from the bill, BUT for a $300 lunch for 2 adults and 2 keiki, you need to knock off my flippers. I must add, that we're from the PNW where foodie was invented, but you really need plating perfection without a tour-bus environment to rate these prices. I left feeling guilty for all the money we spent and thinking a great fish taco truck and lunch on the beach was what we were after.

3  Thank SeoulDoc
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I went to Mama's for dinner on our way back from a beautiful sunny trip to Hana, Maui. I had read lots of reviews of this restaurant and all of them noted the high price of the food. So. I was expecting to spend a lot of money for this meal and we did. However, both of us agreed, it was also the best restaurant meal ever. We did not have reservations, but after a short wait we were able to get into the bar area to eat. The attentive waiter (Chris E.) gave us knowledgeable suggestions for appetizers, wine, entrees, and a dessert. I felt that the service was very efficient, I even tipped the "busboy" separately.