“Must do on Maui”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
Reviewed January 30, 2014

You cannot go to Maui and miss out on Mama's Fish House. I had heard about it before and it was not what I was expecting, i thought it would be more of laid back shack, don't know why! But it was a really great experience, THE FOOD yumm!!, the service fantastic, the decor and restaurant itself was really cool, the location! and the valet guys were lovely. We didn't have a reservation (lunch) but we didn't have to wait too long for a table, maybe 15 minutes but given how packed the place was we were fine with that! Everything was so fresh, they even tell you where the fish was caught. It is on the pricey side but the food alone was so so good and well worth it!

There are newer reviews for Mama's Fish House

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The service was seamless, the food was extraordinary, the food presentation was fair, the view was stunning, the portions were adequate and the menu selections were innovative but the prices are just TOO ridiculous....I would have spent less in any top rated restaurant in Paris, London, Venice or Rome....it just seems ridiculous. I would warn everyone....yes, it is a lovely experience but your pocket is going to be picked clean. Truly, I spent less at The French Laundry for more courses! Buyer beware.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went there on a windy and rainy night on the North Shore but still had one of the best meals of our entire 9 day trip! As always, the menu, preparation, presentation and taste was 5 Star! Would always recommend as part if your Maui experience!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Arrived as a solo and was seated at a lovely and spacious bar overlooking the ocean. Freshest fish I have ever had except when I caught it myself. Enjoyed a delicious sashimi trio and my main course was Opakaka. Delightful preparation. Extraordinary service and friendly conversation from the bartender. Bring plenty of money.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by locals. It is expensive, but worth it. The location is perfect, just on the north shore. The menu changes daily depending on the catches of local fishermen. We loved the way fishermen were given credit in the menu. Our favourites were the Onaga ceviche appetizer, swordfish served with a chilli glaze, and mahimahi in a curry. Service was perfect from the valet to hostess to bar to waiter. One if our favourite meals here while in Maui.