“Great Stop After the Road to Hana”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hana Highway - Turn Left at the fishing boat
scottsdale
“Great Stop After the Road to Hana”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

After too fast a trip to Hana and back this was a great place to rest and have a drink. We were there right before the dinner hour. The staff and our waiter were wonderful. Just had some appetizers which were terrific. If we are ever around the area again we will definitely go back and take time to go about a mile to the great surfing beach down the road -- which we did not stop at after Hana -- wish we had!

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
USA
“Expensive but a must do”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had the two fish specials. $50 each. Ouch. But neither my wife nor I could decide which was better. And we both thought it was one of the best meals we have ever had. I wouldn't eat there twice on the same trip. Just too expensive. But you have to do it once. The service was also as good as it can get. If I didn't have to write 100 words, I might just say, "Wow."

Visited December 2013
1 Thank sjw125
Pukalani, Maui
“Surprisingly awesome”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have never been to Mama's before but I finally got to visit for lunch with my parents who were visiting the island. I went in half expecting it to be overrated even though people who told me it wasn't and that I should go. Thankfully every suggestion was right because the food here is really good, and expensive. I had the stuffed mahi with crab and lobster and that was one of the best meals I ever had. My dad had the seared ahi which was good and my mom had shrimp that was sauteed in a vanilla sauce. That dish was almost like a dessert. For dessert, we had the Polynesian Black Pearl and while one person would have no problem eating it, it was enough for the 3 of us. We went for teas instead of alcohol and I had the lilikoi tea and my parents the mango. After trying my tea, they switched to the lilikoi. With the teas and food, we got out of there for just over $200, including tax and tip but with the food, excellent service, and views, it is well worth it even if you just go once. I would definately go back again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank mauiguy808
Edmonton
“Mama's Never Disappoints!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was our third time at Mama's and a must stop on every trip! The setting is gorgeous for taking pictures! Love their signature mahi mahi and the Lilikoi brûlée! Kids meal was expensive at $24, but good portion with cute turtle crayons!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank sswebster29
Houston, TX
“Best everything!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The view of the beach from our table was great. The food was excellent. Hubby had the braised short ribs and I had the stuffed mahi with lobster and crab. For dessert we had the black pearl. Our waiter knew how much we enjoyed our dishes by looking at our plates...absolutely nothing was left behind! This place is definitely on our top 5 list. Pretty pricey, but sooooo worth it!

Visited December 2013