“Great fresh fish”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
San Jose, California
“Great fresh fish”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The fish was so fresh. Def a place to try. Seating is family style so better come early to get a seat.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Great fish, casual dining”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The fish was fresh & delicious. This is a casual restaurant in the heart of Paia. You basically order your food at the counter and sit at one of the picnic-style tables. You will most likely be sharing a table with someone that you don't know so be prepared to socialize. I would recommend the Paia Fish Market for lunch, especially before or after a visit to the beach or on your way to Hana.

• Visited September 2013
Rocky Mountains, USA
“Excellent food, fast service, but consider paying cash”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The food here is fabulous -- generous portions, well-prepared with fresh ingredients. The seafood pasta was easily enough for a dinner plus two lunches.

Unfortunately, I have to recommend against the use of a credit card here. There was no machine to self-swipe your card, so the staff took the card behind the counter out of view. By the following morning my card was being declined, and a quick call to my card issuer revealed ten unauthorized charges at a number of online gaming sites. The card I had used without a problem for over fifteen years had to be cancelled and a new one issued with a new number, a major inconvenience since this was my primary card.

I did call the restaurant to report the possibility of a dishonest employee, and talked with Mickey, supposedly the manager on duty. He took my name and telephone number and said that one of two more senior managers would get back to me the next day. They never did.

To be fair, I cannot prove that the unauthorized charges on my card originated with the restaurant's staff, but coming as they did immediately after using it here makes me reluctant to do so again. I will eat here again -- the food is that good -- but I will pay cash from now on.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“very interesting experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The fish was cooked perfectly. It was prepared on an individual basis. It was fresh and very tasty. They have long tables and you sit wherever there is room. Kind of fun if you are not looking for a romantic diner

Dallas, Texas
“Great food, excellent service!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Didn['t take long to get seated, and the food is awesome. They have several specials of the day, and my wife and I got it, needless to say I could see why they were so busy! Great job guys, we plan to come back on our way back from Hana!