“Fresh top quality seafood - hamburger joint atmosphere”
Review of Paia Fish Market

Paia Fish Market
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Montreal, Canada
“Fresh top quality seafood - hamburger joint atmosphere”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went there for supper last October. The selection is good, the over the counter service is efficient and courteous and the portions are very generous.
The seared tuna was done to perfection and so was the salmon that my wife ordered.
The place is catering to the local crowd and fits well a more “bohemian lifestyle”.
It is probably the best place in Maui to have an excellent “top chef quality” seafood meal (without having to mortgage your home).
Family and friends followed our path to this place and were equally delighted. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
calgary, ab
“Oh hello there best fish and chips EVER”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place was amazing! Great fish and chips. BUSY BUSY BUSY. You'll stand in line for 20 minutes to order, but the food comes up fast. Portions are huge, but you won't want to waste that delicious fish. My sister does not eat seafood. But, she had a taste of mahi mahi and chips - she LOVED it.

Now for the bad: We were charged a gratuity on the bill, which might be standard or maybe it was because there was 6 of us... wish I would have known before I put a tip in the tip jar. The grat fee was 15% or 18% (i can't remember) which I felt was extreme since you pick up the food at the window yourself. You're not actually waited on. I work in the service industry, as does my husband and we were a little put off by it.

The cooks dropped my sister's chicken burger patty on the floor - she saw this happen. Two of the cooks picked it up and then they moved to the side where she couldn't see them, and voila she had a burger less than 2 minutes later. She didn't eat it, but, she was forced to try the mahi mahi (off my plate) and loved it. So, it was a win in the end! Despite these things, we would go back! Again and again... So, that says something! It was so good.

Visited October 2012
Selkirk, Canada
“What an experience!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our timing was perfect - we grabbed a table as a group was leaving and after scanning the poster for endemic fish, promptly sidelled up to the counter to get our orders in. It was like a busy day at a hot dog stand! My generous helping of beautifully grilled fresh opa arrived while we met another group of travellers settling at our table. We always ate well in Maui, but this was probably our best meal in a completely unexpected and unpretentious setting! The prices were reasonable and the company was terrific. Plan your arrival carefully though, it gets very busy and the lines get long!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank NatalieAntonenko
Juneau, Alaska
“After 3 trips to Maui we finally ate here”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Not bad BUT not as great as everyone says.
You place order at counter then try to find seating. I'd day grilled fish was better that fried fish and chips. Prices are decent.

colorado
“went more than once”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My favorite was the ahi sandwich, blackened with wasabi butter. so good! Worth the wait in line! Community tables are fun too.

Visited November 2012