“Great place to enjoy the local catch”
Review of Paia Fish Market

Paia Fish Market
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We read about this place in a Sunset magazine article and thought we'd check it out. Overall we liked it, priced well for fresh fish and their portions were huge. Known for their fish tacos.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Move over Mama's Fish House.....you've got some real fishy competition here at Paia Fish Market. Other than the odd seating arrangement...everything about Paia Fish Market is awesome! Fresh fish, grilled to order, reasonable prices.

Come earlier than you would for lunch, and you will snag a parking space and a coveted spot to eat. The workers are pretty friendly and will make suggestions if you're confused.

Don't miss the Opah and that-other-fish-with-the-long-name-that-I-can't-pronounce. You know the one.

TIP--if you're on a budget, get the fish sandwich...it's basically the more expensive fish plate w/o the fries and the sides. The filet of fish you get is pretty much the same size!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Paia Fish Market was recommended to us by my well traveled sister in law. It was on our list of places to try, but we never got around to it. So on the way to the airport, we decided to grab a bite to take with us. I do not recommend doing that. We almost missed our plane.

Plan for a wait of at least 30 minutes just to order. If you want to eat there, plan to have someone wait in line while you try to snag a space. Their tables are like picnic tables: long with benches on either side. The food will take another 20-30 minutes to be ready. But it's SO worth the wait.

We ordered a fish sandwich, fish and chips and something else I can't remember. It was all delicious, but the fish sandwich. Ugh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was amazing. Hands down the BEST fish sandwich I've had in my life. It was simple, yet tasty, with all the ingredients coming together in harmony in your mouth. Really! If you're in Maui, you have to eat here!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We heard a lot about this restaurant from different review sites so we checked it out after a hiking day at the volcano. Fast food and counter service which is ok. The restaurant was about 1/2 full when we arrived at 5:30 pm. We received our order in about 10 minutes. I had the fish and chips and my wife had the Ahi salad. We both thought the fish was way over cooked and dry. Lots of fries but placed on top of the cole slaw so the slaw was hot? How about having the slaw in a separate cup that was just taken out of the fridge? The dining area had about half the tables available but many were dirty. The whole area could use a good cleaning. As there are plenty of restaurants to visit during our stay I will not go back.

Bob

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good fish burger. Nice ambiance. I had the hai tuna fish burger and it was perfectly cooked and juicy.