“Service was great, curry was bad”
Review of Cafe des Amis

Cafe des Amis
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fresno, California
“Service was great, curry was bad”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stopped here starving after the road to Hana. Service was good ! However, I ordered the chicken curry and it was tasteless. I mean, I can't cook worth crap and my curry is better! And of course like anywhere in Hawaii, $$$ . My husband ordered a crepe with chicken and avocado and that was pretty good but nothing special.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Paia, Hawaii
“Poor food & Poor service!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The service leaves a lot to be desired!! When the uniform is cut off shorts and I mean short, I should of realized...yikes! Ordered a crepe with avocado, big mistake, avocado was old and brown and really over ripe. To make it worse I bit down on the black knob that should be removed from the avocado and all that grit!! We told the server who could care less.....she said I will let the cook know, notice she didn't say chef!!! I couldn't eat it, I just pushed it away. And of course I had to pay for this crap!! There are so many restaurants in Paia to choose from, stay away from Cafe des Amis !!!! Tip of the day!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank PaiaDave
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deteriorating Food Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have enjoyed the Cafe Des Amis for many years and even recommended it in the highlight sheet for our rental condo.

Tonight we returned for an old favourite, the Mediterranean Platter, and found it smaller, and canned artichokes substituted for marinated mushrooms. The cappuccino was weak and tasteless. Table was dirty from previous guests and the many staff were extremely noisy, especially the two in the kitchen who were talking very loudly about personal inconsequential matters.

We complained to the waitress about the Mediterranean Platter, but she appeared to care less.

Our conclusion is, the food quality and service is deteriorating. We have removed the Cafe Des Amis from our recommended information sheet.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Andy L
New York
“Good Food but Service is Just OK”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and sat at our table for at least 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. We were just about to leave when lo and behold, we got discovered!

The food was good but not sure I would pick this place again due to the service.

• Visited March 2014
Maui, Hawaii
“Great atmosphere, great food. Perfect date night”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I went for a date night. What a great atmosphere!! There was some live music and the food was great AND affordable. We live up the street and will come back again

• Visited March 2014

Been to Cafe des Amis? Share your experiences!