“Great place for a drink at normal prices”

Charley's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Luna Place
Description: Paia maintains its small-town, old Hawaii charm, and is now a bustling destination with restaurants, bars, shopping, coffee and gelato. At Charley’s you never know who might be sitting next to you. It’s long been a favorite hang-out for surfers, adventurers, writers, hippies, rock stars, artists, business leaders, celebrities, and all types, looking to get away and find the ultimate in Maui hospitality.
Chicago
“Great place for a drink at normal prices”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stopped in for a drink after shopping in Paia. The place appears to be popular with locals and families. Couldn't believe the bar tab! Only $3 for a pint of the local brew. Couldn't stay for more becasue I was driving.

Virginia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

What a waste of my time, money and a meal I could have enjoyed elsewhere. I had the Cajun Ono Egg Benedict and DH had some meal combo thing. Both were just Bleh. Not worth the money. Wish I had eaten in Kihei............we were even starvin gand thought it sucked! Side dish was brown rice, wasn't even cooked correctly. Crunchy is an understatement. Don't go!

Vancouver, Canada
“Go for the live music”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The night we were there, the restaurant was almost empty and we would have enjoyed this place more if we had been when the live music was on. Food was okay, nothing special but no complaints either. The wine selection is limited and served too warm, which is true of many restaurants in Maui.

NYC - FL
“The Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My extended family is from Maui, so i'm familiar Charlie's. However, my new wife and I took it to another level on our honeymoon. We drove to Paia from Wailea for Charlie's almost every morning on our honeymoon. The Cajun Ono Eggs Benedict are insane. They are matched by the Macadamia Nut pancakes - you only get one, but you only need one. If you're a brave soul, get yourself a surfer stack, 3 huge pancakes. We must have gone through a gallon of coconut syrup during our time in Maui. My wife looked forward to the coffee every morning. I don't know about other meals here, but we still dream of breakfast at Charlie's.

North TX
“OMG”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup are AWSOME! 2 cakes enough for 2 because they are bigger than the plates.