“Go for the Macadamia Nut Pancakes - Stay for the service”

Charley's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Luna Place
Description: Paia maintains its small-town, old Hawaii charm, and is now a bustling destination with restaurants, bars, shopping, coffee and gelato. At Charley’s you never know who might be sitting next to you. It’s long been a favorite hang-out for surfers, adventurers, writers, hippies, rock stars, artists, business leaders, celebrities, and all types, looking to get away and find the ultimate in Maui hospitality.
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I visited Charley's on recomendations from close friends. They said the Macadamia Nut Pancakes were worth the trip to Maui alone, and they were right! When I asked the waitress if I should order one or two, she said one would be plenty. I was skeptical, but she was absolutely right! Halfway through the delightful breakfast (make sure to use the coconut syrup) I was starting to feel full. My only regret is that we didn't return during our week on the island.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

My husband and I stopped at Charley's for breakfast on our trip down the Hana Hwy and then again for our last day on Maui. Both experiences were very positive. The first time I had the french toast with coconut syrup. It was delicious. My husband had the standard eggs and sausage, which were cooked to his approval. The second time, I had the macadamia nut pancake, which was huge. It, too, was delicious. My husband had the frittata, which was good, but he enjoyed the first breakfast more. The POG juice (pineapple, orange, guava) was great. We highly recommend Charley's. Good value for Maui.

Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stopped at Charley's at the beginning of our trip to Hana at the recommendation of our Dive Boat Captain. We were very pleased with the breakfast. (Great Crab Eggs Benedict for me and good pineapple French toast for my wife) Reasonably fast, nice variety, good service. We completed the full circuit around Hana (not coming back the same way.) and Charley's sounded good for dinner based on what we saw on the menu. It was about 15 minutes out of our way but we still drove back there for dinner. Wandered around Paia a bit before dinner (expensive shopping!) and then went to Charley’s. We figured it sounded good and we would spend more than 15 minutes trying to figure out where to eat in Kihei, so Charley's it was and we were very pleased. The ribs were wonderful (in Hawaii of all places) and the fish entree was also very good. Cocktails were good (though high priced like most places in Hawaii.) We were going to get some dessert to go but they did not have the items that sounded good to us so we just went back to Da Kitchen in Kihei on our way back to our hotel. We would absolutely recommend Charley's. There is a mix of locals and tourists in the place. (More locals at night.)

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We have made two trips to Paia. Thankfully on our first trip we discovered Charley's. It is now a regular stop on all of our future Maui trips. We were just in Paia over the weekend. We stopped for lunch on Friday before making the trip to Hana. My husband, who is a connoisseur of reuben sandwiches, declared Charley's to have the best he has ever eaten. I had one of their specials which was a thai crusted fish salad that was phenonmenal. Today, we went back for breakfast. This was our second breakfast trip. On the first, I had a breakfast sandwich with fresh avocado that was delicious. Today I had their special which was a kalua pork omelet. My husband had biscuits and gravy. Their food never disappoints. Be adventurous and order one of their daily specials. All have been wonderful!

Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I stopped at Charley's after getting up at 2am to watch the sunrise and ride down the volcano on our bikes. We were ready for some coffee and breakfast and discovered Charley's. It had an expansive menu with tons of different options. I had the huevos rancheros, which were delicious. My husband had the macademia nut waffles with coconut syrup. They were both delicious. It was in line with prices on Maui for breakfast. We would definitely go back and try lunch or dinner there next time we visit Maui.