“Good breakfast! Monster Pancakes!”

Charley's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Luna Place
Description: Paia maintains its small-town, old Hawaii charm, and is now a bustling destination with restaurants, bars, shopping, coffee and gelato. At Charley’s you never know who might be sitting next to you. It’s long been a favorite hang-out for surfers, adventurers, writers, hippies, rock stars, artists, business leaders, celebrities, and all types, looking to get away and find the ultimate in Maui hospitality.
Brantford, Canada
“Good breakfast! Monster Pancakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great breakfast restaurant and great food! Pancakes are enormous and I made the mistake of ordering 2. Way too much food! Portions are large but the food is top notch. My only complaint is that I ordered the mac nut pancakes and I really could not tell that there were macadamian nuts in the pancakes. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to us, Elisa! Great choice on the macadamia nut pancakes, but I'm sorry they weren't quite what you were expecting -- we'll keep that in mind going forward. I see you're from Canada, but next time you're in Hawaii, I hope we see you again!

League City, Texas
“Really cool restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

A tour driver told us about this restaurant saying it's been owned by Willie Nelson for decades "though he won't admit to owning it since his IRS trouble". ;-). Anyhow drove up for lunch and drinks. Strawberry Basil Lemonade made with midnight moonshine was really great, salads and sandwiches excellent too. Lots of character and history.

Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Glad to hear you enjoyed everything here so much, Brenda! You're right that we do have a really colorful history, and Willie's definitely a fan of ours...

I see you're from Houston, but I hope you'll come visit us again next time you're on Maui! We look forward to seeing you -- thanks again!

Take care,
Wixom, Michigan, United States
“Awesome with great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Cute little place on the corner in Paia. I was told Willie Nelson has some sort of investment in the place and his pictures and gold records are prominently displayed throughout. Waitress allowed me to order from the keiki (child's) menu and got 2 tiny burgers with fries. Son had the full size burger with onion rings. Rings were awesome, coated in panko and crisp. Onion rings tend to come back to haunt me but the use of Maui sweet onions made them heartburn free. Strongly recommend this place.

Visited July 2014
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for this terrific review, Kim! I'm so glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed your meals so much. Great choice on those onion rings, by the way!

I see you're based in Michigan, but I hope you'll come see us again next time you're on Maui. We look forward to it!

Best,
Hawaii
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We eat here when on the north shore. Good atmosphere, food and friendly staff. Never disappoints. Good healthy choices as well as regular fare. Breakfast is great.

• Visited July 2014
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Glad to hear you've been so consistently satisfied with us! From the food to the service, it sounds like you've been nothing but happy here, and we're happy we could do that for you. Here's hoping we see you again soon!

Springfield, Virginia
“The Best & with Aloha Spirit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Sally was our waitress. We came back several times due to our great experience the first time. My daughter said this was the best breakfast burrito she had ever had. My wife and son had the loco moco and loved it. Every dish we had was great. We ate here before taking the road to Hana, and several other times because we felt like it, even though we stayed on Kaanapali Beach. Sally was the best.

1 Thank DaveHom1796
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I'm so glad that you and your family loved us so much, Dave! And I'll be sure to let Sally know how you felt -- she'll be so happy to hear it. Great choices on that loco moco and breakfast burrito, by the way -- those are definitely some of our specialties!

Thanks again for this great review -- I look forward to your next visit!