“Great Breakfast on the way to Road to Hana” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charley's Restaurant

Charley's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Luna Place
Description: Paia maintains its small-town, old Hawaii charm, and is now a bustling destination with restaurants, bars, shopping, coffee and gelato. At Charley’s you never know who might be sitting next to you. It’s long been a favorite hang-out for surfers, adventurers, writers, hippies, rock stars, artists, business leaders, celebrities, and all types, looking to get away and find the ultimate in Maui hospitality.
New Jersey
“Great Breakfast on the way to Road to Hana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast before doing our self-guided tour of the road to Hana. Service was quick and friendly. The breakfast was really really good and I highly recommend it as perfect for fueling up before a long day of driving and getting in and out of the car.

• Visited August 2013

chicago
“Awesome, affordable breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stopped at Charley's for breakfast before our horseback ride on Haleakala. Make sure you come in with a big appetite. My husband had a breakfast burrito and it took up the entire plate. I had the Macadamia nut pancake and it was overlapping the plate. Both were incredible! The coconut syrup with the Macadamia pancake was amazing! Great fast and friendly service in a charming atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank chichauncey
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thanks for recommending us! I'm thrilled to hear you and your husband both thought your breakfast was incredible. It's nice to know you thought it was so delicious.

Hope you get a chance to visit again soon!

All the best,
Haiku, Hawaii
“gravy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Today Dec 8 2013 we love breakfast @ Charlies, unfortunately I love my biscuits and gravy with 2 eggs and links with potatoes, BUT the cook has changes the GRAVY and the Country style GRAVY before is white and pork filled smooth gravy BUT now you change the Cook and It DID NOT look like gravy . Waitress was told by myself to tell him go back and do NOT change it. Paula was a bomb the bloody mary great thank you. p.s. love the new look.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi Davis,

While I'm glad you usually love coming here for breakfast, I'm sorry you were disappointed with our gravy the last time you visited.
The old gravy was just a mix from a bag.
We have begun to make real gravy with real sausage and when you visited we were still in the process of refining our recipe.

I think you will be pleased the next time you join us.

Best,
Dallas, Texas
“Good food before the trip to Hana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stopped by here because my nail tech at the spa at my resort recommended it. I am glad I did stop. Best Banana Macadamia French Toast I ever had. Well, it was the only Banana Macadamia French Toast I ever had but was still pretty darn good. There is some Willy Nelson association with the place but I never found out what that was. They serve Portuguese Sausage here and I loved it. Everything else was great and large portions. Best of all when we went (Sunday) There was a make your own Bloody Mary bar and that was $5 each time. Totally worth it and such a great idea. Custom Bloody Mary's are definitely the way to go. There was open parking but we opted not to wait since that part of the lot was small and used public parking that was reasonable. If I am back in Paia I will go back to Charley's for sure.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DizzieDee81
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Wow, the best Banana Macadamia French Toast you ever had! I'm thrilled to hear that! I'm glad that from the Bloody Marys to the Portuguese Sausage, everything you tried was delicious.

How was the rest of your trip to Paia? I hope you had a wonderful time, and I look forward to your next visit.

All the best,
Paris, France
“Chili burgers and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stopped in hear on a recommend from a friend. I think Willie Nelson turned him on to it. This is definitely the right place to go for chili burgers and beer. Oh yeah and the fries were pretty darn good too. It may not be top shelf dining but it sure was tasty.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kevin S
Jonathan H, Owner at Charley's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks Kevin! I'm happy to hear you thought the chili burger was tasty. If you're still in Paia, I hope you get a chance to visit again soon!

Take care,