“Great lunch!!!”
Review of Cafe Mambo

Cafe Mambo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Mambo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great lunch!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stopped here on a recommendation from a local resident. We were hesitant because we were on our way back to Paia Fish Market for a second visit (in one trip). I am so glad we tried something new because it was great.

Very casual and vegetarian friendly. I am not a vegetarian but the person who suggested this cafe was. Most (if not all) are made with local vegetables, natural and organic ingredients in the dishes. I ordered the kalua pork salad. It was topped with delicious pan-fried kalua pork on a bed of fresh local greens with a creamy vinaigrette dressing and lots of pine nuts. Loved it. My fiancé ordered the fish sandwich. Fresh fish of the day on a ciabatta bun with fresh lettuce and tomato. We had a great lunch and would go again.

Pleasantly surprised.

1 Thank Bakesie

SEVILLA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Lunch on Maui”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I loved this restaurant. Dont be fooled by its name, it is not a cafe, they serve food and booze. We went in lured by their sign saying they had ben voted best restaurant by a maui magazine. I had a burger that was extraordinary. It must be because the meat was organic and the bread was so soft and lightly toasted...Yummy! My boyfriend had a garlic shrimp plate for $10 and yet it could have fed the 2 of us. It was so flavourful and wonderful. We also drank Maui beers on draft which completed the meal rather nicely. Service was friendly but it was so busy that the girls were running around like crazy.

1 Thank JIMIBOY
Chelsea, MI
“Cafe Mambo was okay.........mixed reviews on food.”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Having just arrived in Maui, we stayed in Paia before heading out on the Road to Hana. We decided to grab a bite to eat at the Cafe Mambo. My friends really enjoyed their food (mixed shrimp dish) however my hamburger was like a hockey puck. Service was sporadic (waitress talked a lot with another employee and had limited check-ins with us) in a place that only had a few customers in it. , I ended up eating part of the burger as I was starving (it was after 2 a.m. home time) and I really wanted to eat and go get some sleep. When the waitress did show up,I showed her the burger puck. She, and later the manager, did try to make amends by having another one cooked and comping me a dessert but at that point, I just wanted to leave. Decor was festive, music was too loud. I personally wouldn't rush back there should I be in that area again.

Livonia, Michigan
“Nice Little Place”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stopped in to eat at Cafe Mambo after a day of exploring and prior to catching our evening flight for home. Very casual atmosphere and nice food selection. My husband and I both chose items from their special of the day menu. I the pork plate and my husband a fish. Very nicely prepared and a good value. My only complaint is that the service was a bit disorganized. We didn't know who was actually waiitng on us. There were three different people that acknowledged us and brought various items to us, but when I politely asked for something from one of them she seemed annoyed.

Also, took a peak at their breakfast menu which looked delicious. Have to remember this place the next time we're in Maui.

Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent, unique food”
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I split 3 tapas dishes with my wife and we loved every one. We had hummus, cheese fondue and nachos, and all were excellent. Also, the place had a great atmosphere - quirky art on the walls, nice music made for an excellent night.

Been to Cafe Mambo? Share your experiences!