“Excellent on all fronts”
Review of Cafe Mambo

Cafe Mambo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Mambo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good, I ha the Ahi burger and my wife had the shrimp plate. Great taste and good portions. Service staff was very friendly and attentive and the prices were very reasonable. Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Mambo

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family of four has varied palates with two of us vegetarians and one extremely picky eater so finding a restaurant that we all can enjoy is always a challenge. We chose this place as 3 of us could find something on the menu to eat and the picky eater agreed to compromise. In the end we all loved our meal. We ordered the mixed tapas to start - fabulous, a hit with everyone and the best hummus I've had in a long time. My picky eater son ordered the grilled chicken fajita, my husband had the kalua pork fajita, my daughter and I shared the 7 vegetable stew with couscous and the tofu salad. It was delicious, everyone loved their meal. The ingredients were fresh, tasty and accented, not overwhelmed, with spices. The portion sizes are larger than we are used to and we couldn't finish our meals but not for lack of trying! The only minor complaint was that the bill took forever to arrive, but even so this restaurant was a hit with our family.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Seems like the rating option is average or very good had to go with average as a few tweaks would set you apart from the run of the mill same old same old eateries and put you up there with very good.
We ordered fish fajitas which were very good the only thing that spoils it for me is that they used premade from a jar guacamole SP? and canned jalapenos...please step it up and use real avocados and make your fresh guacamole it takes just a few minutes and jalapenos being as cheap as they are should be a no brainer.
the above might sound trivial but good food doesn't have to cost the world and you don't need a ton of ingredients either and if you offer good food don't cheap out on cheap components.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stopped here prior to going back to airport from stay in Maui. Server wasn't real engaging but she was quick with water and drinks. Had the Crispy Duck Burger (think pulled pork fried crispy on a flat top, only its duck), VERY good. Wife had Aloha Burger, she loved it. $30 for the two of us for lunch with sodas, not too bad for Hawaii.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

i was recently in Maui and went to Cafe Mambo for lunch after a walk to the Twin Waterfalls on the road to Hana. the food and service was great! I had a really tasty hamburger, my daughter-in-law had a very good mahi-mahi (catch of the day) sandwich and my son had the BBQ duck fajitas, which we all sampled as they were so darn tasty! The restaurant sells the local microbrew beer (Maui Brewing) and they also make a mean Pina Colada. It was a great lunch, quite reasonably-priced.

Been to Cafe Mambo? Share your experiences!