“Be careful”

HA Baldwin Beach Park
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Paia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a beautiful beach. However, do be careful when swimming. I was swimming to the left of the parking lot. I got taken backwards by a wave while jumping and got dumped onto the sand. The force was so strong that I have tendon and ligament and nerve damage of my left foot. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks. I was floundering in the surf and although there is a lifeguard station, no-one noticed or came to help.I am just glad it wasn't my neck! Luckily, I managed to limp to my husband before I was unable to walk at all. There are far nicer and safer places to swim in Maui especially around Wailea/ South Kihei.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a Great spot. Beautiful views. Lots in the area if you want to leave the beach for lunch etc. there seemed to be a lot of people in the area

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is as good as it gets on the north shore beaches. It can often be windy and the vibes are not as friendly as they could be. (Dog police often there in the morning, etc.) I do like swimming though in the protected area to the right as you face the beach from the parking lot.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Places to swim for kids, boogie boarders love it here. Porta potties, showers, all the amenities to be comfortable and not have to leave all day. Life guards. Take a picnic and take an umbrella for some shade, especially for kids. Take a zip bag for kid treasures on the beach. Not the most picturesque or private place for a couple to hang out, but good for a family with kids, and a safe, easy access beach with all the stuff you're used to having on the mainland beaches. For Maui style photos.......keep driving and to take more scenic photos up the road at Hookipa Beach to see windsurfers and lots of spontaneous photo ops. For more of the easy and ordinary, go to Baldwin, especially if looking for an easy, fun day with kids.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The day we went, there were great waves...llots of them..making this a beautiful place to sit & watch the waves break..