“Flippant attitude from employees a "turn off"”
Review of Paia Bay Coffee

Paia Bay Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Paia
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I frequent coffee houses (and many in Paia). I have been to Paia Bay Coffee several times. I keep hoping it will improve. The service is very slow and the employee at the counter has acted like he/she was doing me a favor by helping me. I appreciate that everyone who works there is waaay to cool for me, but I am a paying customer who has always been patient, nice and has tipped in spite of this poor service. Maybe the rest of the surfer crowd doesn't mind being treated poorly, but I do. Being an employee at a boutique in Paia, when the droves of visitors ask me where to get a cup of coffee, you can be sure I won't be sending them to Paia Bay Coffee. I love the location and the coffee is good, but maybe the employees could just try being nice and stop acting so inconvenienced by my patronage? There is one young man with glasses and curly hair that is the exception. He is friendly and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Paia Bay Coffee

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We did not find this hidden spot until our last day in Paia and wish we had found it earlier.
The lunch sandwiches and salads are very tasty and priced well. A cool break from the sun and nearby beach, under the breeze of the palm trees is refreshing and relaxing.

Would definitely eat there again, and recommend it to others.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Happy to stumble onto this coffee house. The coffee is fantastic with dairy alternatives (seemingly and surprisingly difficult to find.) It's just off the highway and tucked into a niche. With a nicely converted outdoor space, it's hard to believe the volume of traffic so near.

We did not have breakfast/brunch but by the looks of it we missed out. Definitely a place to stop, if you have the opportunity. We would definitely return and make the drive from Ka'anapali for a cup.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were in Paia and visited Paia Bay Coffee in passing. I had a coffee which was excellent and stayed a while just chatting with staff and customers. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere typified the islands to a tee.

Great place to watch the world go by and relax.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This very laid-back spot off the busy roads of Paia is just what the doctor ordered. The service was excellent and our breakfasts were delicious. We each had cappuccinos and were impressed. From the looks of our fellow customers, we were the only tourists which is pretty hard to say in this busy little coastal town.