“The best team to ride down Haleakala!”
Review of Maui Easy Riders

Maui Easy Riders
Ranked #1 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Paia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Maui Easy Riders we specialize in two very different types of tours. Downhill Bike Tours on Haleakala and "Private Tours" of the Road to Hana. The "Private Tours" of the Road to Hana are exclusive only, we do not combine groups for this tour. The Downhill Bike Tour is also offered privately. On the downhill bike tour we ride custom made bikes (Worksman Cycles) 25 miles and 99% of the whole ride is downhill. The bike tour is entirely on paved roadways and there is an escort van that covers your back the whole time you are on the bike. Sometimes we reach high speeds on the bikes and other times we just cruise. It's nice to have the flexibility to meet the needs and desires of each group. It's an amazing rush riding down Haleakala on one of our bikes, it is the worlds largest dormant volcano and we ride down the steepest paved road in the world...amazing! Our tours are completely guided. We are pretty much always available to answer any questions you may have either by phone or by email. We do run the longest bike tour available on Maui. Others may say the same thing, but we have a tape measure available for you to use while you are with us, just in case you wish to measure it for yourself. Honestly and seriously, we run the best bike tour on Maui and we don't see that changing anytime soon. If you're looking for a tour that does not herd you around and guides that truly love what they do, then look no further. We are easily one of the top 10 tours on Maui and one of the top 10 things to do on Maui! Most people try to saw their car in half if they don't have a bike, just so they can go down Haleakala on two wheels. That's how cool our tour is. Please call us before you try that! We offer our tour at 9am or in the afternoon at 1:30. Sorry, we are unable to pick you up from your hotel at 2:30 in the morning to see the sunrise. You will just have to "sleep in" on your vacation. The cost is $99 per person or book a private tour with up to 8 riders for $700.. Those are unbelievable savings, call now while we still have our tour in stock! If you are under 12 y/o we cannot take you on our downhill bike tour. Check out our webpage for other restrictions. If you are interested in our "Private Tour" of the Road to Hana, "that tour is not on a bicycle", please call us, or email us through our website. The Private Tour of the Road to Hana is by car. The Road to Hana Tour is "exclusive to only you and your particular group" whether it is 1 or several people. The tour goes to many hidden and out of the way places that you would other wise most likely not see without a guide. The Hana Tour is customized to you and your group. We can go cliff jumping, swimming in "waterfalls", body surfing in the ocean, snorkeling, "hiking", swimming in caves, sightseeing, so much more, and all on one tour. This tour can be extreme and adrenaline filled or it can be simple and chill, whichever you prefer. Please feel free to call for more details. Check out the reviews, people love it!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in Maui for our honeymoon last September and heard that the bike ride down Mt. Haleakala was a must-do activity. We decided not to do the sunrise trip since that entailed leaving our hotel at 4 am and were happy we found BIll and BIlly who ran the bike tour at a more reasonable 9 am. We called Billy the night before and arranged to meet them the next morning in Paia where my husband and I, and another couple piled into their van for the drive up the volcano. The Billys were laid back, fun, and also made sure we were safe riding down the volcano. One of them led the biking on a bike, while the other followed behind in the van. The one driving the van even took pictures with our camera for us as we rode down! It was a big plus to be in a small group (which we heard isn't the case with the other companies). I definitely recommend Maui Easy Riders for your Haleakala bike tour when you're in Maui!

1  Thank J R

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have biked down from Haleakala before with other companies and this was our best experience yet! Our afternoon ride with Billy C. & Kyle went so smoothly. I felt well watched over by the van in the rear of the line, which gave me a feeling of security that no cars would disturb us. The communication between the staff had us moving over easily to make way for automobiles. The ride was so amazing because as the trade winds blew, we got moving along fast. Did wonders for my endorphins!! On the drive up Billy had lots of random information about Maui that I had never heard before. On other trips the companies stories seemed rehearsed. He even knew of a secret spot to watch turtles come out of the water. Now I've visited that place and its amazing! He even made other folks on the ride dinner arrangements at a restaurant he recommended. Now that's going beyond the norm if you ask me. I'd definitely recommend this trip to my friends. Aloha :)
P.S. We stopped at places to use bathroom facilities.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is my first review on trip advisor and I had to give some feedback because this is how my wife and I learned about this excursion. We decided to go with billy and billy of Maui easy riders and could not have been happier. We opted for the morning tour starting at 9 am cruising from about 6500 feet all the way to the beach. We met at Baldwin park at 9 am and left for the starting point with only 7 riders. I believe the max they take on a trip is 8 people. The ride up was spectacular with awesome views, island history info and great comedy thanks to B & B. My wife and I were a little nervous because we both can not remember the last time we got on a non stationery bike. Our nerves were quickly put at ease with B&B. Upon reaching the 6500 ft mark we strapped on our helmets and began to make our way down the summit. There were many pin hair turns but with one billy leading the pack on bike and one billy bringing up the rear in the Van everyone made it down Haleakala safely and had a great time. The views were spectacular. We stopped multiple times for pictures and snacks. After the first few minutes on the bike we felt very comfortable and our group per B&B made it down summit at an average pace. With the small group size B&B go at the pace that suits everyone the best. Don't miss out on this awesome experience and ride with easy riders . Thanks billy and billy Ryan and Jeana AKA gayle

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been to Maui four times but never attempted the ride down Haleakala because I feared it would be too dangerous. I (almost) never feared for my life while biking down the volcano because not only do you have one guide on the bikes with you, but another guide is following in a van, blocking traffic and making sure everything is going smoothly. The guides were also funny, welcoming (they gave us doughnuts on our way up in the van), and knowledgeable, and I enjoyed spending time talking with them. We did the 9 am ride and it was somewhat cloudy, but that did not detract from the experience. I would do this again and again.

Tip: Make sure you bring a fleece or coat as it is very chilly up at the top, especially when you have windchill while riding. Some people even wore gloves, but those were provided by Easy Riders.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow - what fun was that ?! Being a bit of an adrenaline junkie - riding downhill fast (or slower if you want) definitely is up there on my list of the most fun things to do in life. Scenery gorgeous. Thanks for lending me a jacket and gloves to keep me warm. The stop in Makawao was unforgettable and epitomized the warmth of the island. So many lovely things in that little town.
Billy and Billy are the perfect hosts and very concerned about the safety of the equipment and the road and traffic, so you can just relax and enjoy the ride down. It wasn't rushed at all, and we stopped to smell the "roses" . Anyone who wants to see the island needs to take this ride! I will come see you again when I come back and recommend this ride to all who visit.

Me ke aloha pumehana - Lorraine