“What a blast!”

Maui Easy Riders
Ranked #1 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Paia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Maui Easy Riders we specialize in two very different types of tours. Downhill Bike Tours on Haleakala and "Private Tours" of the Road to Hana. The "Private Tours" of the Road to Hana are exclusive only, we do not combine groups for this tour. The Downhill Bike Tour is also offered privately. On the downhill bike tour we ride custom made bikes (Worksman Cycles) 25 miles and 99% of the whole ride is downhill. The bike tour is entirely on paved roadways and there is an escort van that covers your back the whole time you are on the bike. Sometimes we reach high speeds on the bikes and other times we just cruise. It's nice to have the flexibility to meet the needs and desires of each group. It's an amazing rush riding down Haleakala on one of our bikes, it is the worlds largest dormant volcano and we ride down the steepest paved road in the world...amazing! Our tours are completely guided. We are pretty much always available to answer any questions you may have either by phone or by email. We do run the longest bike tour available on Maui. Others may say the same thing, but we have a tape measure available for you to use while you are with us, just in case you wish to measure it for yourself. Honestly and seriously, we run the best bike tour on Maui and we don't see that changing anytime soon. If you're looking for a tour that does not herd you around and guides that truly love what they do, then look no further. We are easily one of the top 10 tours on Maui and one of the top 10 things to do on Maui! Most people try to saw their car in half if they don't have a bike, just so they can go down Haleakala on two wheels. That's how cool our tour is. Please call us before you try that! We offer our tour at 9am or in the afternoon at 1:30. Sorry, we are unable to pick you up from your hotel at 2:30 in the morning to see the sunrise. You will just have to "sleep in" on your vacation. The cost is $99 per person or book a private tour with up to 8 riders for $700.. Those are unbelievable savings, call now while we still have our tour in stock! If you are under 12 y/o we cannot take you on our downhill bike tour. Check out our webpage for other restrictions. If you are interested in our "Private Tour" of the Road to Hana, "that tour is not on a bicycle", please call us, or email us through our website. The Private Tour of the Road to Hana is by car. The Road to Hana Tour is "exclusive to only you and your particular group" whether it is 1 or several people. The tour goes to many hidden and out of the way places that you would other wise most likely not see without a guide. The Hana Tour is customized to you and your group. We can go cliff jumping, swimming in "waterfalls", body surfing in the ocean, snorkeling, "hiking", swimming in caves, sightseeing, so much more, and all on one tour. This tour can be extreme and adrenaline filled or it can be simple and chill, whichever you prefer. Please feel free to call for more details. Check out the reviews, people love it!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I did my homework and reviewed several bike adventures and liked everything I read about Maui Easy Riders. First off how many things on TripAdvisor can you find that don't have a bad review. Their worst reviews were "Very Good" When I booked the tour, I used their website and found it was easy to navigate and used Paypal (which I trust) for the purchase. I received a follow up email from Billy or Billy and a reminder the day before the ride. The morning of the ride we drove from Ka'anapali to Paia which took about 35 minutes and arrived a little early. Shortly after Billy arrived to greet us, a few minutes later Billy arrived with the van and bikes and we started up the mountain. Along the way Billy and Billy were telling us stories about the area and sites. Once of the things I really liked was the size of the tour. It was my wife and I and 2 other couples. As we were headed up the mountain we saw several other tours with as many as 12 to 15 people. On the ride up Billy and Billy explained the procedures, bikes and safety so we were all comfortable. When we got to the starting point it was misting pretty heavy so we all suited up in rain gear before heading down the mountain. The first several miles you can't see much because of the clouds but eventually they start breaking up and the view is incredible. We stopped a couple of times for photos and to check out the view. We stopped for about 30 minutes in this little town called Makawao and Billy bought us all donuts on a stick then we got to explore the town and shops before heading back out. The rest of the trip back down to Baldwin Beach is not as steep as the top part but still fun and the views were still great. Upon returning back to the beach, we all took pictures with Billy and Billy before heading our separate ways. My wife and I really enjoyed the adventure and the Billy's are both great guys. I would highly recommend Muai Easyriders to anyone that wants to do a Haleakala bike tour (not at sunrise). Thanks Billy and Billy!

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"felt safe"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013. Today I finally done this down hill bike ride from the top of Haleakala. The ride up in the van with guides Billy & Kyle was informative, both are very knowledgeable of Maui offering up great advice. Unfortunately the weather is unpredictable and we rode through rain for at least our first ten miles. Kyle & Billy made sure I felt safe and comfortable. Providing rain gear and great guidance. I won this bike ride two years ago during the annual Whale Day event, and I can't wait to do it again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I did the afternoon tour, it was a great ride! They do a morning tour and afternoon tour unlike the other companies that only do the crack of dawn sunrise tour. Billy and Billy are fun, laid back guys that just want you to have fun and be safe. On the drive up to the mountain they told us funny stories and history of the town and people. Once we got to our starting point it was raining and really foggy...so they let us decide if we wanted to start riding then or drive a little. Since it was foggy and wet and couldn't see anything I didn't see the point in starting the ride...so Billy drove us back down a little ways. Then we started the ride. It was still a little foggy/drizzly, but they have plenty of pants and jackets so you are covered and stay warm. After a few miles we stopped and shed the gear once the sun was out again. We stopped in one town on the way up and one town on the way down on the bikes. That was really fun to break up the trip and to see the town and support the small shops.

Billy put the slowest rider at the front to set the pace so she was comfortable, I would have liked to go a little faster, but they did say they clocked us at around 30 MPH at one point...it's really fun! The bikes are really comfortable (mine was squeaky, but didn't really bother me) and I never felt unsafe.

I highly recommend booking this trip if you want a fun, laid back time with some cool guys. They also gave us some local tips on restaurants, shops and beaches in the area and gave me their info to contact if we travel again for some places to stay in Paia. We will definitely book with them again if we go back to Maui!

Mahalo Billy and Billy!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Billy and Billy made us feel so comfortable, it was like a day with old friends! We felt safe the entire ride down. I loved stopping the little towns and learning about up-county Hawaii. Just book it, you can't go wrong!!!