“beautiful art but....”
Review of Paia Contemporary Gallery - CLOSED

Paia Contemporary Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: With a distinct focus within the abstract art world, Paia Contemporary Gallery features paintings, etchings, & sculptures by a core group of national and international talents.For a truly unique gallery experience visit our restored space in Paia, Maui Hawaii & for quarterly exhibit updates sign-in our contact page.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This gallery represents some very good contemporary artist. I wish the artist's names were evident as well as the titles and prices of the pieces. There were several we were very interested in but but was difficult to get past the owner or staff person in the gallery that afternoon.

AlejandroG G, Owner at Paia Contemporary Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear seetheworld2525,

Thank you so much for leaving us your valuable review on our TripAdvisor!

It means a lot to us and we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. It also makes me deeply happy that you think we represent very good contemporary artists and we had on display several pieces in which you were very interested in.

In response to your other feedback "I wish the artist's names were evident as well as the titles and prices of the pieces," I would like to respond the following in hopes to bring some light and clarity about this concern of yours.

When we first opened Paia Contemporary Gallery 6 years ago, we used to post large tags on the walls with the artist name, title, dimension, year & price. After a 3 paintings were stolen by some people from the street, might have been homeless that frequently walk into the gallery, we unanimously decided that we needed to remove the prices of the walls to prevent this from happening again. Thereafter no art was ever stolen again.

The second positive from discontinuing the large wall tags/stickers from our beautiful plastered walls, was that our smooth walls stopped getting sticker marks/glue that we couldn't remove. The solution was to purchase a P-Touch machine that prints less adhesive number tags that you probably saw next to the artwork on the walls and pedestals. These number tags refer to a complete price list that it is always available to our visitors and collectors that we openly share. Additionally, we have portfolio books on all benches [3] and table [1] that provides a full description of our artists, CV & images of their work page by page.

In regards to your second comment “but was difficult to get past the owner or staff person in the gallery that afternoon,” myself and coworkers are highly trained and completely aware about giving space without any kind of pressure. We encourage people to STOP, CONNECT & ENJOY THE CONNECTION as they please. We are here to make people happy by helping them find the right piece/s for them. We are friendly, enthusiastic and always try to ask the right questions to be able to help in the best possible way. It is a must for us to always remember to give enough space so art lovers have enough privacy to view and connect with the artwork at their own time.

Since I believe I haven't have the chance to meet you in person yet, I am very interested in continuing this conversation with you via TripAdvisor, email or phone. I hope we both have that second opportunity to connect so I may help you find the right piece for you without anybody standing in between yourself and the artwork that inspires you most.

Thanks again for your time and helping other travelers like yourself [and myself], find absolutely stunning artwork while traveling the world.

Respectfully,
Alejandro.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Beautiful and warm gallery with a variety of very interesting contemporary art. My purchase of a true gem to add to my home was handled in an extremely professional and attentive manner by the owner. Could not be happier with the service and collection and recommend this gallery to all visiting Paia Town!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are in love with contemporary art and looking for a special "piece" that will "call your name", Paia Contemporary Gallery is a stop that you must make when on Maui. On our last visit, we purchased a sculpture by Pascal that was meant for our home! The artwork that is displayed in this fine gallery is like no other on the Island and the knowledge and attention that you are given by the owner, Alejandro Goya, is incomparable.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited this are gallery a few months ago and purchased an abstract painting by a Maui based Japanese artist called Akira Iha (you can see a photo of the painting hanging in our living room on the gallery's web site). This is a great gallery with a diverse collection of high quality contemporary art by excellent artists. If you are in Maui, I highly recommend a visit to this gallery. It's like a mini modern art museum. The level of service was also excellent and the transaction and shipping were seamless. I recommend you take a look at their web site as well.

1  Thank Rdwertheim
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having seen several galleries in Maui before this one, all of the tourist type, it was a marvellous surprise to find in Paia a modern sophisticated gallery that would not be out of place in London or Manhattan displaying modern art of high quality. The art is worth a close look and my visit was enhanced by the charming owner and artist, Alejandro, who was happy to show the work and answer my detailed questions. I purchased a gem of a piece which now graces my home and reminds me of my holiday in Maui although the artist is from Texas. I think it would please the artist to know that his work has found a home in Australia. I will definitely visit Paia Contemporary Gallery again and highly recommend others to do likewise!