“Sophisticated Gallery in Paradise”
Review of Paia Contemporary Gallery - CLOSED

Paia Contemporary Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: With a distinct focus within the abstract art world, Paia Contemporary Gallery features paintings, etchings, & sculptures by a core group of national and international talents.For a truly unique gallery experience visit our restored space in Paia, Maui Hawaii & for quarterly exhibit updates sign-in our contact page.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having seen several galleries in Maui before this one, all of the tourist type, it was a marvellous surprise to find in Paia a modern sophisticated gallery that would not be out of place in London or Manhattan displaying modern art of high quality. The art is worth a close look and my visit was enhanced by the charming owner and artist, Alejandro, who was happy to show the work and answer my detailed questions. I purchased a gem of a piece which now graces my home and reminds me of my holiday in Maui although the artist is from Texas. I think it would please the artist to know that his work has found a home in Australia. I will definitely visit Paia Contemporary Gallery again and highly recommend others to do likewise!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Paia Contemporary Gallery in November 2012. The gallery is beautifully set up and very tranquil in the busy little town of Paia. Alejandro was very pleasant to talk to and discussed several of the artists in his gallery. I had two pieces that I really liked, but as I was on holidays I thought it would be too difficult to get them home. Upon reflection, I contacted Alejandro after returning to Vancouver and he arranged the two pieces to be shipped to my home. The packaging was immaculate and the whole process was very easy. I also appreciated that Alejandro kept following up to make sure I was happy with my purchases (and believe me I am!) If you are in Paia you must visit this gallery, I will definitely go back!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and our boys were driving by en-route to the falls...and noticed the gallery...briefly. With her ever-keen-eye...my wife knew we must return. And we did. The next day. There we met Alejandro. So inviting. We were drawn in by a number of the works...but we were seduced by one. Impromptu but so very right we purchased a piece by David Ivan Clark.

Today, every day in our home in Los Angeles...we enjoy David's work and in the same moment...we are transported back to the Paia Gallery and the first moment we saw and fell in love with it...

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Paia Gallery is one of the best galleries on Maui. Go in and say hello to charming Alejandro.
He will introduce you to the artwork from very talented contemporary artists. You will never be under any pressure to buy from this gallery. You are welcome to just enjoy viewing which we have done now for many years. However, recently we finally couldn't resist three amazing pieces. Alejandro arranged the shipping for us and took great care in the packing. Everything arrived in mint condition. Treat yourself you won't be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On each trip to Maui we visit Paia Contemporary Gallery. When we first walked in, we knew one day we'd own a piece of art from there. On our last trip we took home a piece by Pascal and couldn't be happier. Not only was the art the perfect piece for our home, the experience of investing in a piece of art was made memorable working with Alejandro. Highly recommend a visit and don't be surprised if you day dream a piece into your home one day...and taking a piece of Maui with you.