“So glad we found this place.”

Aloha Island Shaved Ice
Ranked #7 of 7 Dessert in Paia
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We were on our way to the airport after being on Maui for 11 days and he last 4 being in Hana. We hadn't had shave ice the entire trip and our 7 year old really wanted to try it and my husbandwas convinced it was just a snow cone.

We stopped in Paia to get a few gifts to take home and saw this place and figured we would give it a whirl.

It was amazing. Wonderful flavor choices and huge portions.

The best part is my husband now knows shave ice is not the same as a snow cone.

We will go again when we come back next years. The girl waiting on us was super friendly and chatted our daughter up about her trip. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

You must try Shave ice if you have never had it, but i don't know that you need to try it here. It's a nice treat on a hot day. Read the FAQ's on their wall before you order. I thought their answers were written rudely without much Aloha, though. That's why my rating was lower.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

After biking down Haleakala Highway (not really bikind ~ more like hanging on and braking for 23 miles) we stopped at Aloha Island Shave Ice in Paia on the way back to Lahaina. Couldn't find any shave ice in Lahaina that we thought half as good as Matsumoto's Grocery Store in Haleiwa. We were so happy to find Aloha Island Shave Ice. Huge portions, nicely packed, fluffy ice. I had guava and li hing mui. Yum! I live in Kansas, so a great shave ice is a necessity for our trips to Hawaii. This restaurant is locally owned. Watching them create our treats was fun. Very nice people.

1  Thank KSMeadowlark
Reviewed June 12, 2010

After trying two places in lahaina. We are voting this as #1 so far. Each of us were satisified with the ice and the syrups.. And such nice people. Still have another shop in Lahaina to try.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Visited here again last month when I was in Maui. I NEVER miss a trip here when we are on the island. Started going here when it was "Sandi's Shave Ice" in the 1990's.
Still a family run business has THE BEST SHAVE ICE on ALL THE ISLANDS of HAWAII!! Hands down, the BEST! Fine textured shave ice, compacted just right by loving hands.
Grandpa was also there so we got a photo with him and Sandi's older boy that was working. They are wonderful folks!
Lilikoi, guava, mango my favourite.
See you again in the fall ....