“Go to Paia, park and find Mana Foods!!!”
Review of Mana Foods

Mana Foods
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Paia
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Orlando, Florida
“Go to Paia, park and find Mana Foods!!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In this little town you go to thw Mana Store and find excellent fresh foods!! We go here every trip for fresh vegetables, organic and tasty!! We always go to the back of the store for fresh peanit butter that we grind. They also habe almonds that you can grind for almond butter. The meats and cheeses are wonderful and pita breads or fresh baked breads very good. There is a deli as well with a variety of items enjoyed by the locals.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Albany, New York
“The Best Grocery Prices on Maui, Possibly Hawaii”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The only grocery store I've reviewed on TripAdvisor has been la Bon Marche Grand Epicerie in Paris. This ranks up there with that. Not on experience, definitely not, but in terms of importance, it's something that everyone should know about. Why? The grocery prices in Hawaii are ridonkulous. Yes, ridonkulous. I had no idea. When my wife and I were planning our trip out, we factored in a few nights of buying local groceries and cooking in our rented condo. I added fifteen percent to what we were paying at home and figured we'd be good. No! Many groceries were at least 50% higher. Some were double. We went to a Safeway after we landed (it was the only thing open at 10pm) and were met with the sinking knowledge that we had well under-budgeted... that is, until we found Mana. They advertise fair prices. They're definitely fair. Most things are still more expensive than everything back home. However, this small, independent and totally yuppie grocery store easily beats Safeway and Foodland by a ton. It feels like a co-op on the inside without a co-op's absurd prices. If you're in Maui and you want to cook in once in a while, go to Mana. Don't make the mistake we did. Don't go anywhere else.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank grenba
Burlingame, California
“Local grocery store!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

You gotta stop at this grocery store when you go to or stay in Paia!! Huge selection of everything. A real local scene and some of the most interesting people watching you could possibly do while on Maui and in Paia. Reasonable prices, good service, helpful staff. A full service grocery store and a real local meeting place!

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“busy grocery”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is great for grabbing a few healthy groceries. The produced looked awesome. We went on a Saturday and the store was very busy. There was a pretty nice hot and salad bar with vegetarian and vegan options but no seating. We ended up taking ours to go and walking back to the car because there were so many people around and the sun was really beating down on us that day. If you are a bit more adventurous you could walk to the beach to eat your dinner. Overall pretty nice but there are so many little cafes around that might be a better option for lunch.

Vancouver
“Love the Ahi tuna salad!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The first place I stopped since Mana had such rave reviews. It was smaller than I imagined, but good selection. I had a few things that I haven't seen at home. Silk chocolate mint soy milk. Yum! Garbanzo bean hummus. Double yum! I liked the premade food selection. The Ahi salad, couscous salad, avocado salad was very good and the caretaker at my guesthouse said he had the calarmi salad and that was good, too. I totally recommend this place if you have a fridge in your room/guesthouse.

Been to Mana Foods? Share your experiences!