The Gingerbread house has the potential to be a cute place, except for the fact that it has never been cleaned. The high ceilings have copious amounts of old spider webs, dead flies and other insect carcasses. Just about every corner has 2-3 spider friends living in there. When bringing up the cleanliness of the house to the owner she said she didn't have time to come dust...I don't mind a little dust, but I do mind window screens and fan blades that have NEVER been cleaned. The dirt on the top of the fan blades was ridiculous. Since there are no refunds (of which their cancellation policies are not on their website) we stayed a few nights but soon booked another hotel. We literally felt like we were sleeping in my grandma's tool shed with all the cobwebs and spiders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spyglass Maui Rentals are two, well cared for homes, right next door to each other, in the middle of all of the North Shore beaches and less than a mile from Paia town, in a local, residential neighborhood. The closest beach access is a 5 minute walk away. The houses are owned by a two good friends and long time Maui residents, Liam McCormick and Poni Brendan, who call themselves family. Our on-sight manager, Sabrina, and full time housekeeper, Patti are here to assist you. The rentals are clean, comfortable and will make you feel like you are spending time in a "home away from home" rather than in a resort hotel. The Gingerbread House, at the rear of the property, is a very unique, two story, one bedroom house with a lanai off the second floor bedroom and an outdoor patio on the ground level. It has a jetted tub in the first floor bathroom. The Green Turtle House can be rented as a ONE or TWO bedroom house and can accommodate up to 6 guests when rented as a TWO bedroom. In our older reviews and on Google there is mention of the Bicycle Inn/House and the beachfront "Spyglass House". These are no longer our properties. The Gingerbread House and Green Turtle House have been under new management since the fall of 2014. The most current reviews of our properties can be found on Airbnb and VRBO. In our rentals, we try to provide everything that you will need to enjoy your vacation and leave your cares at home. Our focus is to create a lovely environment so that our guests can have a wonderful base from which to enjoy their vacation and explore all that is beautiful and special about Maui. Please contact us if you need additional information or have specific questions. During your stay, we are on-site and happy to help. Mahalo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Spyglass Maui Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spyglass House Rentals Hotel Paia
- Spyglass Maui Rentals Paia