This specific review is for the coconut apartment. What we loved about this place is that it's in a residential area just outside Paia, very quiet. After spending 1 week in Waikiki, this was a good change. Manager Poni (I think that's her name) was great in giving the direction so we didn't have too much difficulty finding the place. Place was quaint and cute on first look, the residents upstairs were friendly. We arrived in the afternoon. Poni left our key with the resident upstairs and he checked us in. So we never met her.
The Apartment is clean enough, a little old but feels homely. The basic essentials were there. The kitchen has cups, knife, plates, microwave, refridgerator, kettle. Towels were plenty, bed comfortable enough. We even have WIFI connection although TV was not working.
The horror came at night when we found 3 spiders in the apartment (2 in the kitchen and 1 in the bedroom). Then, we saw that the screen doors and windows were full of little bugs, looks like young cockcroaches. There must be at least 50 to 100 of them all in all. Thank goodness, they were outside and gone by the morning. But the following night, the bugs were back. I m not sure if this is just how it is in a normal Maui residents or just this particular apartment, but that basically set us back from saying we'll be back.
Think of it as a $150 per night camping trip and you should be fine. Definitely not for romantic getaways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spyglass Maui Rentals are two, well cared for homes, right next door to each other, in the middle of all of the North Shore beaches and less than a mile from Paia town, in a local, residential neighborhood. The closest beach access is a 5 minute walk away. The houses are owned by a two good friends and long time Maui residents, Liam McCormick and Poni Brendan, who call themselves family. Our on-sight manager, Sabrina, and full time housekeeper, Patti are here to assist you. The rentals are clean, comfortable and will make you feel like you are spending time in a "home away from home" rather than in a resort hotel. The Gingerbread House, at the rear of the property, is a very unique, two story, one bedroom house with a lanai off the second floor bedroom and an outdoor patio on the ground level. It has a jetted tub in the first floor bathroom. The Green Turtle House can be rented as a ONE or TWO bedroom house and can accommodate up to 6 guests when rented as a TWO bedroom. In our older reviews and on Google there is mention of the Bicycle Inn/House and the beachfront "Spyglass House". These are no longer our properties. The Gingerbread House and Green Turtle House have been under new management since the fall of 2014. The most current reviews of our properties can be found on Airbnb and VRBO. In our rentals, we try to provide everything that you will need to enjoy your vacation and leave your cares at home. Our focus is to create a lovely environment so that our guests can have a wonderful base from which to enjoy their vacation and explore all that is beautiful and special about Maui. Please contact us if you need additional information or have specific questions. During your stay, we are on-site and happy to help. Mahalo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Spyglass Maui Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spyglass House Rentals Hotel Paia
- Spyglass Maui Rentals Paia