We loved our accomidations at Mama's. My husband and I were in Ulua, a one bedroom garden cottage. It was private, quiet. We had a newspaper every morning and the washer and dryer were right around the corner. Our friends, however, stayed in a Garden Studio and every night there was loud noise, may have been the employees getting off work, having a party one night. They were given a number to call, and it did stop. Saying all that to say, YES, do stay here, but opt for the little bit more expensive Ulua cottage. It was great. The setting is beautiful. You do have to walk through the gate passing the restaurant to get to the beach, but no one seemed to mind. We found the water to be a little intimidating as the waves were rough, it was very rocky and the wind blew all the time. I guess that is why they are called the North Trade Winds. The food at Mama's was excellent. We had heard so much about the cost that we actually thought it was not that expensive. Our waitress was a little aloof with us when we first sat down, but really warmed up when we were given two free appetizers compliments from the office, I am sure due to the noise issue with our friend's room. We did get a 15% discount for being guests at the Inn.
We ate in town at the Paia Fish Market, wished we had eaten there more often. We did not have a bad meal. Don't believe the signs about no food being available on the road to Hana, there were lots of little places to stop for a snack. Don't miss the road into Ke`ane village. This is a beautiful stop with great banana bread, fresh coconut and pineapple and sandwiches. The water on black lava rocks is outstanding. By staying at Mama's you are right on the road to Hana. Would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Called, "The Hawaii of your dreams!" By Sunset Magazine, the Inn at Mama's Fish House is just steps away from the ocean on a secluded white sand beach. Providing the same warmth and charm you'll find in our award-winning restaurant, each cottage embodies traditional elements of Polynesian decor, local wood working, spectacular flower arrangements, and beautiful artwork. The casual comfort of the Inn at Mama's Fish House exemplifies the Aloha spirit of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Inn at Mama's Fish House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Mama`s Fish House Hotel Paia
- The Inn At Mama's Fish House Paia, Maui