Paia Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Paia
See available hotels
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
  • Restaurant
Hale Ho'omana(Makawao)
View Hotel
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsflatbreadboutique hotelroad to hanaprivate beach accessgreat boutiqueapple tvjunior suitemama's fish househandwritten noteclose to the airportday bedstandard roomgarden suiteonly stayed one nightboogie boardsmain buildingstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband and I just stayed at the Paia Inn for 3 nights while honeymooning in Maui. We had a wonderful time! The staff were absolutely incredible - unbelievably friendly and helpful - each one nicer than the next. We stayed in a junior suite, which was decorated well, comfortable and incredibly clean. The Inn was the perfect place to stay and relax. Paia is definitely worth a visit, and if you're going there this is the place to stay. We enjoyed getting takeout from Flatbread and eating in the Paia Inn courtyard.

Reviewed September 26, 2009

Paia is an amazing small town on the North Shore of Maui. Unlike most of the South Shore, Paia does not have big resorts... which for us was a good thing. The Paia Inn has private access to a spectacular stretch of beaches with tons of opportunities for surfing, swimming and just walking along the beach.

The Paia Inn is just steps away from great restaurants and a wide array of shopping. I have never visited any place with so many great eateries in such a small area.

The Inn itself is stunning. Great staff, great amenities, great rooms... everything was perfect.

Highly recommended!

Andrew in Edmonton

Reviewed September 23, 2009

We came to Hawaii to get married. We invited only our immediate family to come to Maui with us to share in this special occasion and got a vacation rental home for everyone. When we saw that my (now) wife and I were able to get into Maui a day early for the same airfare price, we jumped at the chance. I needed to find a romantic room for the two of us before the rest of the family flew in. After much research, I decided on Paia Inn.

Because this extra day wasn't as planned out as the rest of the trip, I knew I had some business to take care of once we touched down and got to the hotel. We walked in & were greeted by smiles from everyone. We were helped upstairs to our Junior Suite and shown our room. I was able to sit in a comfy leather chair in the common area upstairs and connect to the free WiFi and get my work done. My wife was invited downstairs for a glass of wine. She then walked down the street and found a wine shop and brought me back a 6-pack!

I put the computer away and we went out to dinner in Paia. Everything is within walking distance. Surf shops, clothing shops, restaurants, masseuses, etc. We loved being in Paia. Additionally, the Paia Inn has a private beach access and they provide towels, chairs, snorkel gear, etc so you can enjoy the North Shore of Hawaii!

The next morning, we were sad to leave. We were provided coffee and a light breakfast (muffins, etc). Since we couldn't check into our rental house in Kihei for a while, they offered to store our bags. We sat and chatted for a while and had lunch at Mama's Fish House. Lunch was OK, but I've had much better service and food for that kind of money.

Overall, there isn't a single bad thing I can say about the Paia Inn. My wife and I agreed that when we come back to Maui, we will definitely be returning here! The town has such a great vibe and customer service was above and beyond. Compared in price to other hotels and resorts, I feel that you get a great value here. Take it from me, you will not regret spending your time in Maui at the Paia Inn! It's the perfect spot and is basically the starting point for a Road to Hana trip.

Thanks to everyone at the Paia Inn for such a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Travis & Dr. Roberta Jennings

1  Thank GolferTrav
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I write a newsletter that goes out worldwide at the end each month. What follows is a brief synopsis of our experience at this centrally located inn in the small community of Paia, Maui. "...The Paia Inn is relatively new on the tourist map and is situated in the heart of Paia. You are very near a beautiful beach and have a guaranteed parking place, which, trust me, is a real plus in this small town. The rooms are tastefully decorated with original art. The cottages, which cost a bit more, offer a spaciousness that I believe is worth the extra expense. Nina, a lifelong Maui resident, and the staff will do everything possible to make your stay an enjoyable one as well as offering knowledgeable sightseeing ideas..." Though I have visited Maui twelve times, Nina provided us with ideas and places to visit that were true fines. We had stayed at the Inn just after it opened. We were extremely pleased to see the finer touches that have been added during the last year. A fine place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Poeticalbob
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Let me start by saying this was our first trip to Maui. Before our trip, I spent hours reviewing everyone’s comments. I was a bit obsessive, but it paid off. We loved every second of Maui and Paia Inn! I am very picky when it comes to hotels and will shell out a little extra money to insure that my husband and I are comfortable wherever we stay. When we decided to travel to Maui our main goal was to have the experience of a lifetime and to relax. Paia Inn was perfect, simply romantic, just what we wanted and needed. Paia is true Maui or its laid back cousin! As soon as we arrived; there were “no worries”. We booked one of the suites for a three night stay, and I will admit, I wondered if I was making a good call going off the beaten path. Even after such rave reviews and booking our stay, I almost chickened out, twice! Like I said, I’m picky. I’m so glad I trusted my instincts. Our three nights in Paia, set the tone for our entire trip. We just loved Michael (the owner) and the Paia Inn staff. When do you ever get to say that about a hotel? They were all so helpful, welcoming, and the nicest people ever. One evening my husband went to the front desk to borrow their wine bottle opener and after several minutes I’m wondering, where is this guy with the wine already? Turns out, he’s outside talking to Michael. He’s sharing stories about our trip and getting suggestions for the rest of our Maui adventure, ha! I can’t say enough about the people or the suite! The website doesn’t do this place justice, because the suites are super cool. The room we were in had a luxurious outdoor shower for the adventurous and an indoor shower for the rest of us! The suite felt like our little home away from home. It was peaceful and most of all quiet. The beach is nearby, too, so you could walk down the private pathway, and enjoy a nice stroll on the beach. One of the reasons I chose Paia Inn was because of its proximity to so many great restaurants. Flatbreads, Moana Café, and Paia Fish Market all wonderful! After a trip to Hana, sunrise atop Haleakala, or a day at Ka'anapali Beach (yes, we got around) it was always nice to travel back to the North Shore, walk to a restaurant, and just relax and unwind. I wish we had more time to try the other restaurants nearby. I was so sad to leave after our third night! For the rest of our trip we stayed at the Four Seasons at Wailea, and we loved it there, too! However, Paia Inn holds a special place in our hearts and we wish Michael, his family, and staff the best!

Kia and Bruce