“awesome boutique hotel with best vibe in maui”
Review of Paia Inn

Paia Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paia
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This great boutique hotel is very different to most of the big resort type accommodations elsewhere in the more touristy parts of Maui. Service is fantastic, staff and owner are very friendly and will go out of there way to be helpful. The hotel itself was brand new when I stayed (for 6 days) having been open for less than a year. The room I stayed in (the deluxe one) was a bit on the small side (it is an old building that was completely renovated) but was beautifully laid out and furnished. The hotel is right next to a fantastic beach which was not busy at all when I was there (there are no other hotels in town so only a few locals were using the beach). Paia itself has a chilled surfer vibe to it with some great restaurants and bars. Having stayed in Wailea before I can say that Paia is the best town on the island and is not just tourist orientated. Its also brilliantly located for watersports - I was there for kitesurfing and surfing - the hotel can recommend some great instructors for both of those. The only slight issue I would highlight is that the cheaper rooms are on the front of the building which is right in the middle of the town. The location is a plus point for me as it means you are really close to restaurants etc. but light sleepers would be better off going for one of the more expensive rooms which are set back from the road and would be totally sheltered form any noise. Overall highly recommended and is good value compared to the prices of some of the bigger resorts in Wailea

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank hyperion1978

Reviewed June 6, 2009

This was a true find! We were not aware that Paia offered a perfect place to stay only 15-20 minutes from the airport, with its own beach access, and a ton of charm! This is a perfect place to stay for an entire visit to Maui or to access the beaches near Kihei, go upcountry to Kula or Haleakala, or head off east to Hana. We suggest avoiding room one which is a bit claustrophobic and airless, but the other rooms are gems.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My fiancee, Kristen & I had the pleasure of staying in one of the Jr. Suites a couple of days ago, and I just had to write my first review ever. It was so nice! I had called ahead and arranged for an anniversary surprise for my lady, and the staff came through with flying colors... And so Reasonable!!!! Moet Chandon on ice waiting for us, bouquet of gorgeous local flowers, flower petals scattered on the bed... Just so special... The suite had a separate living area w flatscreen, the bedroom was clean with a super cozy bed... Just great!!! Thank you guys so much for an incredible time!!! Next time, I plan on staying a LOT longer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed three nights at the paia Inn and loved every minute. The location is fantastic, great access to a beautiful beach. The staff are so friendly and helpful and will set you up with any equipment, gear, whatever you need to enjoy the beach or explore Maui,

The patio is a great place to hang out in the evenings, breakfast is laid back and casual. The rooms are charming, and have all very best in linens, technology and amenities.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Paia Inn for three nights and then an additional night prior to our departure from Maui. The staff were warm, friendly, relaxed and always ready to help answer our questions. It was great to be greeted with a smile each morning and evening and we really appreciated the free luggage storage during our 3 day excursion to Hana, Maui. Several friends recommended the Paia Inn to us for our honeymoon and it exceeded all of our expectations. If you love chilled out accomodations with a boutique-y twist, situated in a cool little beach town, then you will enjoy Paia and the Paia Inn....think Tofino, BC, but tropical.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

Perfect location for activities, beach time, shopping and dining. Great restaurants within steps of the hotel. The best beaches on Maui right in the back yard. Everything you need and want in a hotel, AND the best service in town.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Paia Inn is the place to stay in Maui! Not only is it located right downtown, where you can walk to dinner, art galleries, the beach, etc, but Paia Inn is chic, has all the amenities of home, and employs an incredible staff. What I love most about the Paia Inn:
• Friendly, resourceful and cheerful staff
• Flowers left on our bed pillows
• Delicious body lotion, wash, shampoo and conditioner in the room
• Private beach access with cozy lounging chairs and umbrellas
• Attention to detail in common areas and the rooms

My husband and I only stayed at the Paia Inn for one night and regret the short stay (we stayed the night before driving to Hana). Next time we’re on Maui, you will find us at the Paia Inn for closer to a week! If you are planning a trip to Maui, staying at the Paia Inn is a necessity! It was our favorite part of our trip! I wish there were Inn’s just like this one in every town in the island!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paia
Montage Kapalua Bay
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea

Been to Paia Inn? Share your experiences!