All reviewsboutique hotelflatbreadprivate beach accessroad to hanamama's fish houseday bedboogie boardsonly stayed one nightstreet noisemain buildingbedroom suitesmall roomfull kitchenstayed longerbeautiful beachbeach chairscommon areas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Once you get past the gas station, the Paia inn really opens up into a wonderful place. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was small, but well laid out. All the reviews talk about the excellent breakfasts, the grassy area, beach equipment, etc. No wonder, it's such a different approach than the resorts with their towel cards.

It's a 10 minute drive from the airport which is what sold us, we spent two nights there. I would have spent another night or two, we really liked Paia.

The owner and his young daughter invited us to check out the beachfront house which was really really nice. Stay there if you can.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Once you got through the gate and away from the gas station, the grounds are amazing. We got in a little early and we had to wait it out to check in time due to construction. We went to sit by the beach. You walk down this path go around a couple of bends and than it opens up to a courtyard. With a view that is amazing. They have everything you may need like: sunscreen, ice water, towels, boogie boards, surf boards and much more for the guests to use... no charge. We got into our room and and heard them still hammering sawing, and that's okay but to find out that what they were working on was the new laundry for the inn. Which is goingnin right next to room number nine. Bummer. The biggest complaint I have is being woken up at five in the morning from the guests upstairs. There's no sound barrier between floors so when the girls went running back and forth it woke you up. I never had to go tell some one to be quiet but there's a first. After that you could clearly hear them walking around, going up and down stairs. So that along with new laundry I wouldn't recommend room number nine.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank adorible88
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Was welcomed by a warm , authentic women who quickly registered me in and preceded to show me my room and the guest spaces. Incredible room product with great decor , water feature, lightening and an AC room. Comfortable bed and an amazing outdoor shower among the payapa trees and singing birds. The breakfast was incredible with organic eggs and salad.
We stayed in the Junior suite. I highly recommend if you want to experience a true local experience. Outdoor day bed with small kitchen . Just perfect..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our first night on Maui. It's very close to the airport and has a wonderful beach access. It's a gorgeous spot. The staff is incredible and breakfast was great. We had a deluxe garden room that was a little small but really - we were in there to sleep and that was it. It was really lovely and I would definitely stay for longer the next time we are back on Maui!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roxikei
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I couldn't of asked for a better place to stay! The place was very nice, private, romantic, and super convenient to anything in Paia and the beach...all within short walking distance. Anything you need for the beach is provided which was so nice! Staff was very friendly! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple