“Nice place to stay”
Review of Kuau Inn

Kuau Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Paia B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We needed a room for a night and the Kuau Inn was available. It was only 5 minutes from the airport and Paia is one of our favorite places on Maui. The room was very clean - the sheets were cool and felt great. The inn is nicely furnished. Bathrooms are used by all (shared) but I did not find this to be a problem - they were clean and I just cleaned up after myself. There is a lovely covered patio and we met travelers from Europe and South America and had delightful conversations over breakfast (self-serve) on the patio. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the twin room which in not on the highway side of the house. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachBabeInDenver

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We capped off a 9 day trip in Wailea/Kihei with 2 nights in Paia. The Kuau Inn was a great spot, just minutes from Paia, and a short walk to the beach... The Inn is an old home with some creaks in the original wood, and a few older fixtures here and there - but it fits well with the relaxing Paia vibe. It ain't the 4 seasons, but to eat fresh Pomelo from a tree, manderine oranges and the like was great. The kids loved the 2 person outdoor shower, I liked the local coffee. We had the whole place to ourselves for the stay, though there was enough common room space to share had there been others. We'll hopefully make it again soon!

Room Tip: The upstairs bedrooms do have nice light, though the downstairs master has a nice bathroom to its ow...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Kuau Inn because we were looking for a peaceful place to stay near the airport after a long day of traveling to Maui. It was just perfect for us. The room was very quiet and comfortable for a good rest and Catherine, the innkeeper, was very warm and friendly. In addition, the price was very reasonable. We got up early and went to Paia for a great breakfast at Anthony's, followed by shopping in the quaint town. We topped it off with lunch at Mama's Fish House where we had a spectacular meal and were entertained by the kite surfing competition. It was the perfect day and Kaua Inn allowed us to experience all of this. Although we only stayed one night, I am sure it would be great for a longer stay too. It was a great way to start our vacation and we'll consider staying here again to enjoy Paia again and to allow us to have an early start to Hana too.

Room Tip: Consider reserving the room with its own en suite restroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Welcomed warmly, enjoyed outdoor shower, rooms and house were as advertised. Everything was very clean, but if you have a fear of insects, this may not be the place for you (they are very up-front about this on their website). Would be a great house for a group of water enthusiasts--big indoor and outdoor common areas.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank acdc23
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Absolutely wonderful stay. The room was nice and roomy enough. The house was very well appointed and homey feeling. There were several things that added to this homey feel. The covered patio out back was a wonderful relaxing place to read the morning paper (provided) and have a cup of coffee. We also chilled in the evening and had a drink with some of the other guests there. This was the first time that I have encountered a fix it yourself breakfast at a B&B but I liked it a lot. There were no time constraints on the breakfast. I was able to use the food provided to eat the type of food I wanted in the amount I wanted....when I wanted. It also gave it more of a home-like feel. Just a wonderful, comfortable place to stay.

The town and surrounding beaches were fantastic. Lots of wonderful choices for food and it is near the main airport. I would stay there again if I were going to Maui.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to share a bath. Ours had it's own bathroom and that was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ROBERT M
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ku'au Inn is a truly fabulous place to stay. It's ideal for those that want to do something different than the traditional resort holiday found aplenty in Maui. The B&B is very homely and comfortable and is absolutely spotless. It's a great place to get away from it all and Pai'a is only a short walk away. We found it the perfect location to really see much of Maui, which is ideal if you have a car. The host, Catherine was sooooo lovely. She made us feel very welcome and gave us great tips on places to go and see, off the beaten track. I can't recommend Ku'au Inn enough. It was a perfect end to our travels in Hawaii. We'd love to go back one day!

Sarah & Rachel June 2012

Room Tip: We stayed in the smallest room as it had two singles. It was cosy but fine for us. All the other roo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Ku'au Inn is a magical place to stay when visiting Maui. We had fresh fruits available to us for breakfast and loving suggestions when we wanted to venture out to see the surrounding areas. We were in town for a wedding and ended up staying longer... I still miss the outdoor shower and sound of the sugar cane whispering with the wind each night. I would recommend this place to my dearest friends and family. A truly lovely experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 which was a corner upstairs room. Queen bed and plenty of tradewind breeze!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cori S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paia
Paia Inn
#3 of 3 in Kahului
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#3 of 6 in Paia

Been to Kuau Inn? Share your experiences!