“Absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Paia B&B and Inns
SAINT LOUIS
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Absolutely wonderful stay. The room was nice and roomy enough. The house was very well appointed and homey feeling. There were several things that added to this homey feel. The covered patio out back was a wonderful relaxing place to read the morning paper (provided) and have a cup of coffee. We also chilled in the evening and had a drink with some of the other guests there. This was the first time that I have encountered a fix it yourself breakfast at a B&B but I liked it a lot. There were no time constraints on the breakfast. I was able to use the food provided to eat the type of food I wanted in the amount I wanted....when I wanted. It also gave it more of a home-like feel. Just a wonderful, comfortable place to stay.

The town and surrounding beaches were fantastic. Lots of wonderful choices for food and it is near the main airport. I would stay there again if I were going to Maui.

Room Tip: Some rooms appear to share a bath. Ours had it's own bathroom and that was nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ROBERT M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ku'au Inn is a truly fabulous place to stay. It's ideal for those that want to do something different than the traditional resort holiday found aplenty in Maui. The B&B is very homely and comfortable and is absolutely spotless. It's a great place to get away from it all and Pai'a is only a short walk away. We found it the perfect location to really see much of Maui, which is ideal if you have a car. The host, Catherine was sooooo lovely. She made us feel very welcome and gave us great tips on places to go and see, off the beaten track. I can't recommend Ku'au Inn enough. It was a perfect end to our travels in Hawaii. We'd love to go back one day!

Sarah & Rachel June 2012

Room Tip: We stayed in the smallest room as it had two singles. It was cosy but fine for us. All the other roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Ku'au Inn is a magical place to stay when visiting Maui. We had fresh fruits available to us for breakfast and loving suggestions when we wanted to venture out to see the surrounding areas. We were in town for a wedding and ended up staying longer... I still miss the outdoor shower and sound of the sugar cane whispering with the wind each night. I would recommend this place to my dearest friends and family. A truly lovely experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 which was a corner upstairs room. Queen bed and plenty of tradewind breeze!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cori S
miami
Reviewed August 30, 2012

i recently had the pleasure of visiting the kuau inn in maui.
its a delightful and relaxing inn in kuau near the ocean
i especially enjoyed my time on the lovely lanai filled with tropical plants and trade breezes
sharing conversation with other visitors with a glass of wine and some bbq
julie and neal are great hosts
staff is friendly and accommodating
they have a very clean and inviting inn
i would recommend this to friends and family going to maui

Room Tip: i cant remember the name of the room but it was cozy , comfy and clean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I spent most of my time sitting outside on the lanai surrounded by the orchids and other lush plants reading. Since I was a tourist, I felt obligated to get out -- to the beach, the lavender farm... all lovely. Very clean, plenty of choices for breakfast, and a very very convenient location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a great place to stay, the house is very inviting and quiet. The place is as advertised and would gladly go back there. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the outdoor shower! A great stay over, breakfast included for a trip out to Hana. I will be back here someday!

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center as it is a bed and breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love the Kuau Inn! My mum and I stayed for 2 nights in April and really loved the location and inn amenities.

The innkeeper and owners we met were so great.

Based on how spotlessly clean our rooms, the washrooms and the lanai are and the inn's proximity to the shops and restaurants of Paia I know I'll be back. The other highlight was being right on the Hana Highway- driving to Hana was absolutely amazing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paia
Maui Seaside Hotel
#3 of 3 in Kahului
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#3 of 6 in Paia

Been to Kuau Inn? Share your experiences!