“I'm coasting down a volcano!”
Review of Maui Sunriders

Maui Sunriders
Ranked #2 of 17 Outdoor Activities in Paia
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Sunriders offers self-paced Haleakala bike tours of the volcano in Maui, HI, including Haleakala sunrise bike tours and daily Maui bike rentals. With our self-paced bike rides, guests have the freedom to stop along the way at the many unique shops and restaurants in the charming towns on the route or just stop to enjoy the beauty of Haleakala. With our self-paced Haleakala sunrise bike rides, you can immerse yourself in the beauty and serenity of Upcountry Maui without the cumbersome restrictions of a large group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Our tour guide was Mike. I say tour guide because he wasn't just a bus driver. Delivered in a broad Boston twang, his nonstop monologue was full of great information and history of the area, liberally sprinkled with the local lingo.

I am a very timid and inexperienced bike rider but once I got the hang of the brakes it was a lot of fun. You don't need to be in shape to take this ride, it is truly all downhill and you simply coast for about 25 miles.

Be sure to stop at the bakery!

All reviews
"early start"
"great equipment"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Maui Sunriders is a good tour company and the day went as planned. I would highly recommend this tour group. Book online for discounts.

Make sure you take the rain coat and pants....it rained for a bit here and there but it didn't take long to get wet....especially with the rear wheel spinning water on your butt! Gloves were nice the first hour of the trip when it was a little colder.

We stopped along the way and took a more leisurely trip down the mountain doing a little shopping and stopping for lunch.

It's a fairly easy trip so I would recommend this for most people. Just be careful in some of the busier areas and watch the cars.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

The ride down from the top has just spectacular views and is so easy, all downhill! We rented from Maui Sunriders, and we had a great experience with them. Paolo, the owner, sent me a couple of emails telling us what to expect so my wife and sister had a second opinion on how easy and fun it would be. Once we got to their shop, easy to sign up and be part of the Maui Sunriders experience. Would 100% do this ride and use Maui Sunriders on a future trip to Maui!!

jim

Reviewed October 27, 2011

This was our second time riding down haleakala, and it was just as much fun as the first. Although this time there was far less traffic, maybe it was because last time we went in December. The Express is the best. My only complaint...the mother and son that were a half hour late showning up, and then the mother couldn't find a place to park her car (another 15 minutes) once they finally did get there. I guess they didn't care about holding up other paying customers. This is a really fun thing to do with spouse, or family. Oh, and don't forget to stop for Malasadas at the bakery, if you make it before they are gone. If not, there is the best Mexican restaruant on the othe corner of the town. It starts with a P.

1  Thank Roo1159