“Best donuts and malasadas”

T Komoda Store & Bakery Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Makawao
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This bakery/donut shop is way better than the one that was in Sunset magazine. I won't name it here. Komoda was awesome. They had a huge selection and they were fresh and delicious.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

They say this place sells out quickly, we must have arrived a bit late because the display case was almost empty, the Long Johns are wonderful, you gotta try it!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is, hands down, the best local bakery in Hawaii. You have to get there early because everyone knows this place and they sell out of the best stuff quickly. Butter roll, stick donut, malasada and more...all will make your mouth VERY happy. And on Fridays, the have some of the best bread pudding I have ever eaten in my life! Be prepared to stand in line. They are closed Sundays and Wednesdays and for a couple of weeks in the summer. Don't miss this funky place. It's too good to pass up.

1  Thank Cris S
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place has wonderful breads - and it's hard to find good bread on the island. We stopped here on the way to the farmer's market in Makawao (which is at Pookela Church on Olinda Rd.) Komoda Bakery is on the west side of Baldwin, just north of the corner of Makawao Ave.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Where do I even begin with this bakery establishment that has been operated by the same family for generations?!?!

Their pastries are simply beyond words. Especially the coconut danish and the honey-glazed donut on a stick. Oh, and their cream puffs - wow! And I don't even like cream puffs - I guess I do now. We also bought a bag of sweet buns to enjoy the next day.

I have eaten a lot of pastries in my life (my mom, in her day, could put Betty Crocker to shame) and T. Komoda Store and Bakery is on par with the best of them.

This is a must stop for anyone who enjoys freshly baked pastries. And of course they also sell baked bread and buns. And don't let the exterior of the building fool you.

Cheers!