“Excellent service and an awesome experience”
Review of Krank Cycles

Krank Cycles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Full service Bicycle Shop that does Bike Rental, Repair and Sales. We have Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes from Hard tails to Full suspensions.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I just got back from my vacation in Maui and one of the best parts of my trip was some epic mountain biking thanks to Moose at Krank Cycles. Moose was incredibly helpful and friendly and set me up with an awesome rental package that included a very high end bike, a rack for my rental car, and a go pro. Moose gave me the lowdown on exactly where to go to maximize my 2 day rental package. I got to ride the Makawao forest and Skyline trail down from the top of Haleakula. Both rides were incredible and ones that I will never forget. I even got lost at one point and called Moose and he knew right where I was and helped me get my bearings again. I will definitely be a repeat customer on future visits. I highly recommend it if you want a real MTB experience on Maui!

2  Thank Cameron S
"brilliant service"
"rental experience"
"in perfect condition"

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The owner Aaron "Moose" is the primary worker. It's a family owned business and the owner has been working on bikes for 12+years. Krank offers rentals, purchases, consignment, gear, and repairs. Visit Krank while on Maui and ask to speak with Moose :)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I rented 2 bikes from Moose at Krank Cycles. We wanted to take our time and enjoy Haleakala. Rather than joining "bike tour" we rented from this family owned business so we could stop and enjoy the ride down. The bikes were well maintained and in great condition. Moose helped us load the bikes into the car and went out of his way to make sure we had a fantastic experience down the mountain. He gave us tips and ideas for our ride and even suggested a great lunch place when we were finished!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The plan was to spend one day mountain biking in the Makawao Forest on our Maui vacay. Many weeks prior to our trip, I communicated with Aaron via email and phone to get more info about the bike rentals and the area trails. Each time, he provided expert customer service and advice. Unfortunately, the weather for those weeks leading up to our ride day had been very rainy. Aaron was kind enough to call me early that morning to advise me about trail conditions and offered a full refund on our rentals if we wanted to cancel since conditions would not provide a fun or safe riding experience during our last two days on the island. As an avid mountain biker here in my state, I respect the trails and stay off them when too wet and muddy. Not to mention the components on my bike. Therefore, I respect that this shop owner cared more about his customer's riding experience and the trails than he did about the revenue he would have earned from the bike rentals. We did not get the chance to visit his shop, but will on our next vacay to Maui since many new trails may be created in the near future thanks to avid mountain bike enthusiasts and IMBA chapter members like Aaron. Cheers to you and Mahalo!

1  Thank ITsaVidaLoca
See more reviews
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I rented a bike from Krank Cycles in Makawao and had a great experience. I am an inexperienced mountain biker and Moose (owner) helped me pick out a bike and showed me all the ins and outs of mountain bike riding. His bikes are amazing and reasonably priced for rent.

My boyfriend and I rode in the Makawao Forest, which was a beautiful and challenging trail. There are also other trails in the area that we didn't get a chance to try (Polipoli State Park) that would be worth checking out. I'd definitely recommend Krank Cycles for anyone interested in mountain biking in Maui.

2  Thank Emily B