“Amazing steak - love the branding iron MSH on my prime rib!”

Makawao Steak House
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Makawao
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Haiku, Hawaii
“Amazing steak - love the branding iron MSH on my prime rib!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to the Makawao Steakhouse almost every other month since I found it!! Each time, I need not look at the menu because I can't get enough of their prime rib...so full of flavor & spiced with local Hawaiian sea salts. They have a fun little salad bar with good dressings/choices. Cocktails are yummy ~ I like the Lilikoi Cooler. Service has been great each time. You can eat in the formal dining room, but I prefer the casual bar area (TV with sports playing). Each rooms have fire places for ambiance. Note: closed on Monday's.

• Visited September 2013

Syracuse, Indiana
“Delicious food and drink! Great bartender!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped by after our trip to Hana to celebrate my husband's birthday. Suri recommended to us and what a find! Our bartender Julie was awesome! She makes a spicy margarita for the special on Friday night and this drink is amazing...made with fresh pineapple, chile's, cilantro....and other things and it is delicious! I had the fish special (moon fish?) which was perfect! My husband had the steak which was also delicious. Was the best meal of our trip! For dessert, a pretzel/popcorn/chocolate with ice cream concoction which was original and tasty! We will definitely go back on our next trip to Maui.

Makawao is a cute town with little shops and restaurants. Down the road is another "happening" small town with more shops and restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
San Anselmo, California
“Always order Steak in a steak house.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I broke my own rule at this place and ordered fish in a steak house. My blackened ahi was good, but I thought it needed a sauce because it seemed too dry to me. On the other hand, my husband had the Hawaiian steak and it was possibly one of the best steaks we've ever had, accompanied with some great barbecued beans--a house speciality--and a baked potato that was just yummy. Don't know how they made that potato taste so good. My fish came on a crusty sticky rice that was my favorite part of my own meal. So this is a mediocre review but really only a caution. I'd go there again in a second but I would definitely order steak!

• Visited September 2013
“Getting away from the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Coming back from Hana we took the opportunity to visit Makawao. What a great little place! Nice downtown, some interesting stores and the Steak house! Great friendly place away from the sea and the sand! We are definitely coming back next time we are in Maui.

• Visited August 2013
San Anselmo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yoga Retreat with Ern Fleming at Lumeria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our first night and we found the steak house. Wonderful service and amazing steaks. We would highly recommend this place to everyone!

Visited May 2013