“Someone knows how to cook”

Casanova Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casanova Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Makawao
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baldwin Avenue
Transit: Maui Bus stops at Casanova parking lot.
Description: Often rated Best Italian restaurant in the State of Hawaii, Casanova is a staple of the lifestyle of Upcountry Maui since 1986. From early morning breakfast thru lunch and dinner and to late night clubbing and dancing on selected nights of the week, Casanova is the ritual destination of Maui residents and of visitors on their way back from Haleakala Crater. The Casanova experience is much more than its awards winning sumptuous authentic Italian cuisine. It's meeting and mingling with Maui folks in the very spot where they like to dine, meet and mingle. A must do when in Upcountry Maui.
Orland Park, Illinois
“Someone knows how to cook”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went on a Sunday because the place we orginally were going to eat at was closed. Casual Hippie decor. Nothing boring here.
We loved it so much we "found" ourselves in the area for lunch everyday. Had a eggplant lasagna that had no breading on the eggplant, great flavor.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank daisyfm

Makawao
“great experiences”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've eaten at Casanova's in Makawao Town Maui,Hawaii it is one of my favorite places on Maui I have gone ther for many occasions such as birthdays including my own, baby showers, reunions, engagement parties, first time meeting the parents or just for lunch or dinner with friends and family. They accomodate all of yours needs and there staff is so easy to get along with. Now the fun part there food is pretty amazing I love my fish and its always fresh there and soo tasty there pastas are to die for and I truly love the spinach appertizer. I always enjoy myself there and out of all the times I have gone it has always been a great experience oh yea if you like music and dancing they have that too see you there

• Visited December 2012
Coquitlam BC
“Great lunch”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went there as 2nd choice since Hali'Maile General Store was closed for renovations. As it turned out the food was better at Casanova's. We had excellent sandwiches & enjoyed the funky atmosphere. Service was indifferent until we started to talk about music & live shows that have played there. We would like to return for that experience!

• Visited December 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Amazing! A must for every trip to Maui”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Some local friends recommended Casanova, which somehow had eluded me on previous trips to Maui. Now, every trip to Maui will include at least on stop at Casanova!
I met up with one friend for coffee on the deli side and instantly fell in love with the decor and clientele of bustling yet peaceful indoor/outdoor cafe. The menu selections looked 'ono, but I did not eat there as I was saving myself for dinner on the restaurant side of the building.
Oh, and what a dinner it was! The specials and expansive menu made choosing so difficult, but our waitress helped us to select and so we ordered calamari, pizza with smoked salmon (THE BEST pizza I ever had!), and two pasta dishes that were so fresh and flavorful that we tried to devour them despite having filled up on focaccia and our other dishes.
The ambience, knowledgeable and friendly wait staff, and the obvious satisfaction of the regulars makes this place so amazing. Prices are reasonable given the large portion size. I will savor the leftover pizza today!

• Visited January 2013
Morehead, KY
“A Great Place Since 1982”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been eating here since 1984 and recommend it to everyone. Best pizza on Maui and great local atmosphere. Always interesting servers and people and the owner is usually present. He was actually dining there himself with a friend when we last visited. A gem in Makawao.