“The Perfect Sanctuary” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Makawao
Birmingham, Michigan
“The Perfect Sanctuary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I walked in and was awestruck, by the beauty. I travel on business all the time, but when I got here on vacation, I knew that I had picked the perfect spot. The grounds are lush, the views are gorgeous, and the amentities are first class. The food was fantastic,and their garden as beautiful. The yoga classes were amazing. They:re minutes from the beach that I was able to walk everyday. I had 5 rainbows in 5 days which was awesome. The lobby area was like being in another world. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeffrey F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just spent a week at Lumeria Maui. The grounds are amazing, the views spectacular. I've never slept so well, if only i could have taken the bed with me! Great people, loved the yoga and stand up paddle lessons. The ultimate north shore experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Steven R
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I just left Lumeria Maui and my experience was like no other. It brought me to a place within that
I have forgotten. It was an awakening with in myself. The building and its surroundings were beutiful and serene. I truly got rejuvinated and will bring those experiences home with me on a daily basis. Thank you Lumeria for taking such good care of me.
NJW Los angeles

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you want the winds at night, you might want to stay on the Pines sid...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Relaxed is an understatement when explaining how this place makes you feel. Lumeria Maui has everything to offer for a perfect getaway mixed with Yoga, good meals, great people, and fun. If you are looking for the ultimate relaxation retreat - this place has it all. The views from the retreat are breathtaking & the accommodations are endless. I felt like I could stay for weeks on end at Lumeria Maui, I highly recommend anyone who is traveling to Maui to enjoy this amazing place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this amazing place Lumeria Maui. To be honest, we were not expecting anything like the experience we had, prior to arriving on the island. Once we set foot on the property, you could feel the magic that Lumeria Maui gives off.

The grounds are lush with green and the facility is lets just say, OUT OF THIS WORLD. The rooms are well designed and very comfortable. The lobby and dining area are simply beautiful.

We practiced yoga with some great teachers and meeting the owner Xorin Balbes is a treat all to itself.

The location is perfect. 2 minutes into Paia and 5 minutes from the beach. I would highly recommend Lumeria Maui. Hurry up and experience an amazing retreat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Travaasa Hana, Maui
#1 of 3 in Kihei
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,067 reviews
Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Andaz Maui At Wailea

Been to Lumeria Maui Retreat? Share your experiences!