“nice place if you don't want to pay a bundle”
Review of Peace Of Maui

and 1 more site!
Peace Of Maui
Reviewed February 13, 2007

I describe Peace of Maui as halfway between a bed and breakfast and a European hostile and I don't mean that in a bad way, just a warning. If you want a resort, expect the best, gotta stay on the beach, and love paying 400 a night , do not stay here. It is nice and "homey". You get to meet other guests as the living room and kitchen are shared, I liked that kind of experience, met good people. I picked huge avocados on tree in the back and there is a pineapple field right behind. Clean enough. Nice owners. Rooms are small but you have a big common room to hang out in. With a full kitchen I cooked steaks for half the guests one night and had a good time. I think your nuts if you spend much time in the hotel in Maui anyway so it is a good choice.

It isn't for everyone, but it can drastically cut the cost of your trip and I enjoyed staying there (more so than a 250 a night place I did the trip before) but I am not overly picky.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled with friends
1  Thank kb_Abq

Reviewed January 9, 2007

Peace of Maui is more of a hostel then hotel. Rooms are small and bathrooms are shared. It is clean and offers good value for money. The people who run it are very nice and friendly. You need a car to stay here.It is about 15 minutes from OGG / Kahlalui airport

• Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank EricBlair
Reviewed December 19, 2006

We recently spent 2-nights at POM. They were pleasant and enjoyable. Guests must be okay with a dormitory like setting. There are 7or 8 bedrooms, 3-toilets separate from 3-showers, a kitchen and living room. The hostess, Sherry is helpful and most gracious, but very busy with her 4-children. They have free internet access. With the exception of the kitchen, which could use a good scrubbing. the accommodations were cleeeeean. Public towels are changed daily. Guests are assigned space in the refridgerator and provided a food closet. Guests are responsible for washing and putting away their own dishes, of course, not everyone complies. These are excellent accommodations upcountry for those that can take care of themselves.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RoamingToes
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Peace of Maui was really a nice place to stay. Tammy the owner was great, very friendly and helpful.
The place is very well kept, with cute rooms and clean bathrooms.
Our last night in Maui was supposed to be in a hotel, but we liked Peace of Maui so much, that we cancelled our reservation and stayed there instead.
The owners also have 2 very lovely dogs. But don't worry, the big white one by the entrance is harmless. He's name is Pono. He is there to welcome you,! And make sure you tip him very good...He loves a nice rub! :-)

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank MaHuddleston
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I often stay in hostels when in Hawaii. Peace of Maui is definitely the best hostel I've stayed. The decor is so cute (better than my house), the rooms so clean, and the sheets so soft, that I wondered if I was really in a hostel. The bathroom was so neat and clean, that I could walk without my flip flops!
There is also a jacuzzi and place for barbecue. There is a hammock, and a grassy area if you prefer to tan there.
If you want to go fancy, they have a whole other 'house' that you can rent as well.
Due to its location (not exactly by any beach), you are able to enjoy the peace of maui, and still be a short drive to Paia and some cool beaches.
The ower is a lady and her family that leaves right there. There is also a cute dog!
Trust me: the place is gorgeous, the owners are nice, and the value excellent!

5  Thank carapicuiba
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at Peace of Maui for three nights. I was a bit apprehensive when we got there as the property was a bit untidy and we were confused as to how we were supposed to check-in. However, once you get used to it, it's quite nice. The bedrooms are small but are very clean. The main problem I had with this place is that it can get pretty noisy. Some guests were getting up before the sunrise and would chat in the common area without keeping their voices down. Doors are heard slamming a good part of the night. Do yourself a favour: if you are not a hard sleeper, bring yourself a pair of earplugs.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank carolinebrunell
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We just got back from Maui and stayed 5 nights at Peace of Maui. We called them the day before we arrived and they accomodated us no problem. We enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and the bathrooms were spotless. The location was great for exploring the island. It is set in the middle of sugar plantations about 10 minutes from Kahalui. The towns of Paia and Makawao are about 5 minutes away. Several beaches are within 15 minutes. There is a great kitchen they have a pantry and space in the fridge for each room. There is also a grill outside for the guests. A computer is available for the guests and there is wireless high speed as well.

If you're looking for some places to eat while there, the Paia Fish Market is great. Also, the Cafe Mambo in Paia is awesome and they have good specials from 4-6pm. There is also a great asian place (Officially called Asian Cuisine and Sports Bar) on Lono Ave just south of the Hana Hwy in Kahalui. We went here 3 times and you can't beat the prices.

The only things we didn't like about the place is you don't get fresh towels each day (you can wash them yourself if you want). Other than that, the place is pretty sweet, especially for the money. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank ChrisinUtah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Maui Seaside Hotel
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao
Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast

Been to Peace Of Maui? Share your experiences!