“Beautiful, Comfortable and Friendly”
Review of Peace Of Maui

and 1 more site!
Peace Of Maui
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week and loved it! Affordable with prices comparable to hostels, but much cleaner and quieter! Tammi is fabulous and friendly, the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, the kitchen and bedrooms comfortable, and the variety of wonderful people to meet amazing. The numerous fruit trees in the yard are icing on the cake! We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed three nights there and loved it ! The owner was very nice and welcoming and the place is great to meet people. Everybody there was relaxed and we had some good get to know each others chats. There's a super equipped kitchen which was great to prepare lunch and dinners. Unlike what I read on some of the review, the hottub was clean and super hot which was awesome after a day hike on the haleakala ! Tammy, thank you for this very enjoyable stay !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was there for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. Everything is sparkling clean and the bed super comfortable with nice linnen. There is a nice kitchen and living room where one meets people from all over the world.
And it is close to the beaches and Paia actually close to everything as Maui is a small island

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here in March of 2012. It was very clean, quiet, and peaceful. The owner is a very kind, chill person. Dinner and a beach sunset are just mere minutes away in Paia Town - very fun atmosphere in the evenings. We enjoyed the hot tub in the late evening, while stargazing and listening to nothing, but the sounds of various wild life chirping all around us. This was the first time I have ever stayed in a place with shared bathrooms and it was such a relief to find several bathroom that were very clean and never unavailable. It was a stay that exceeded our expectations and we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at peace of Maui for a week; it was quiet, in a beautiful setting and filled with friendly laid back guests. Most of whom were European. I feel this is partly because European's are perfectly comfortable with a hostel type facility. Peace of Maui is immaculately kept. Tammi does a wonderful job. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. There is a two bedroom cottage available for families, or even couples that would want the space and a private bath. I arrived after dark but easily found it by the lights that twinkled along the top of the fence. Would I go back? Definitely....great price, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2012

If your planning a bed and breakfast make sure you are prepared with your own food to cook. There is no meal prepared in the morning for guests. I wanted a break from cooking but that didn't happen. Had to go out for breakfast. Towels and sheets smelled very bad that I had to spray with perfume. Hot tub is dirty and could not use it. If you don't mind a film over top and dirt on the bottom I guess it wouldn't matter. Try getting there in the daylight because the owner is no where to be found to check in.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marlene411
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights last week, and honestly, I was a little disappointed, especially after reading some of the more glowing reviews on here.

The biggest thing I can say is, COME HERE WHEN IT'S DAYLIGHT! My first night, it was impossible to find the driveway -- I drove up and down the stretch of road four times and finally pulled off to the side of the road to try to call, but got a voicemail. I actually wound up finding the house itself BEFORE I could find the driveway, and there was a cellphone number posted at the door, thank goodness. The owner picked up, and (after gently chiding me for using "left/right" when the proper terms are "mauka" and "makai" -- sorry, I had no clue which side was mauka since it was pitch black) told me the drive was supposed to have been lighted. But it wasn't, at least not on that night. Eventually, I was able to find it.

Was surprised I never once saw the owner, though in fairness I wasn't there very much. She basically just left a note listing guests' last names and which room they were to go to.

The place is listed as a B&B, but unless I missed a note somewhere, I never saw anything about breakfast being served.

And finally, the jacuzzi was covered. Presumably closed for the season, but the web site should have noted that. (It was definitely warm enough for it, at least during the day.)

That said, it's a great location, not far from the airport and close to the highway to Hana.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Maui Seaside Hotel
#1 of 2 in Makawao
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#3 of 6 in Paia

Been to Peace Of Maui? Share your experiences!