“Quiet, Beautiful relaxing property” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peace Of Maui

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Peace Of Maui
Veradale, Washington, United States
“Quiet, Beautiful relaxing property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at peace of Maui for a week; it was quiet, in a beautiful setting and filled with friendly laid back guests. Most of whom were European. I feel this is partly because European's are perfectly comfortable with a hostel type facility. Peace of Maui is immaculately kept. Tammi does a wonderful job. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. There is a two bedroom cottage available for families, or even couples that would want the space and a private bath. I arrived after dark but easily found it by the lights that twinkled along the top of the fence. Would I go back? Definitely....great price, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

If your planning a bed and breakfast make sure you are prepared with your own food to cook. There is no meal prepared in the morning for guests. I wanted a break from cooking but that didn't happen. Had to go out for breakfast. Towels and sheets smelled very bad that I had to spray with perfume. Hot tub is dirty and could not use it. If you don't mind a film over top and dirt on the bottom I guess it wouldn't matter. Try getting there in the daylight because the owner is no where to be found to check in.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marlene411
arlington, va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights last week, and honestly, I was a little disappointed, especially after reading some of the more glowing reviews on here.

The biggest thing I can say is, COME HERE WHEN IT'S DAYLIGHT! My first night, it was impossible to find the driveway -- I drove up and down the stretch of road four times and finally pulled off to the side of the road to try to call, but got a voicemail. I actually wound up finding the house itself BEFORE I could find the driveway, and there was a cellphone number posted at the door, thank goodness. The owner picked up, and (after gently chiding me for using "left/right" when the proper terms are "mauka" and "makai" -- sorry, I had no clue which side was mauka since it was pitch black) told me the drive was supposed to have been lighted. But it wasn't, at least not on that night. Eventually, I was able to find it.

Was surprised I never once saw the owner, though in fairness I wasn't there very much. She basically just left a note listing guests' last names and which room they were to go to.

The place is listed as a B&B, but unless I missed a note somewhere, I never saw anything about breakfast being served.

And finally, the jacuzzi was covered. Presumably closed for the season, but the web site should have noted that. (It was definitely warm enough for it, at least during the day.)

That said, it's a great location, not far from the airport and close to the highway to Hana.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carlton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Quiet area surrounded by farm, nice clean [ small] rooms with totally comfortable bed. Big well equipped kitchen. HOT tub, free internet and/or wifi within 1/4 mile of main road [ Baldwin] with bus service.
Down the hill in Paia has the best organic style grocery store on island while up the hill in Makawao has great deli / gorcery. Price is right !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Me and my boyfriend had wonderfull time on Maui and we are glad we could stay in Peace of Maui. We have been so busy before we came we haven´t book anything. When we arrived I tried to call Tammi (found her number on craigslist) and she gave us great offer for that time period. If you are looking for clean place and low price you should definitely go there. It was 10 min (by car)from kite beach (close to airport) where we spent most of the time. We really enjoyed jacuzzi after each kiteboarding session. We met there only nice and friendly people. Every morning when the sun came up first what we could see was Haleakala mountain. Tammi let us take mangoes and starfruits from her garden for free. We felt absolutely safe there. It was coincidence we found this place and we will be more than happy stay there again. Jana @ Petr

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanaPetr
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We were put off by the name but it truely was a diamond a rough. It was clean with a great kitchen and all the guests were very laid back and friendly. The owner is nice and reasonable. The hostel is close to town by car not by foot, definately worth the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridget H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed for four nights in early January 2010. I had booked a single and had a wonderful time stying at the Peace of Maui B&B. Tammi runs a very special place. The vibe is super relaxed and easy going although it certainly takes a lot of effort to successfully run it so smoothly and still make it look so easy. The location in Maui's upcountry is secluded, yet most of everything is only a short drive away (Airport, Ho'okipa Beach Park, Pukulani). It's a great location to set out for the trip up to the summit of Mount Haleakala or to head out to the Road to Hana from there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank biosfear
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao

Been to Peace Of Maui? Share your experiences!