“Peaceful, serene, luxurious...great climate!”
The unique octagonal design of the Aloha Cottage, perched above a bluff, on our 5 acre estate.
Views of Eucalyptus forests and Hawaiian plants from the covered Lanai of Aloha Cottage.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Enjoy starry nights and the crisp, clean night air at the Aloha Cottage.
Gaze at the stars, while you relax in bed, through the octagonal skylight of the Aloha Cottage.
Relax in our soaking tub for two with both hot and cold running water.
The gated entrance to our 5 acre private estate - home to Aloha Cottage and Thai Tree House.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sgeoffa
santa cruz, ca
“Peaceful, serene, luxurious...great climate!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

My 9 year old daughter and I stayed here at the beginning of the month and absolutely fell in love.

The space was gorgeous: upscale, super clean, very quiet (important to me, as I have sleep issues). The kitchen and bathroom were stocked with everything we need, and Kristin, the owner, was available to us at all times when we had questions.

The big bath tub on the spacious balcony with beautiful views was AMAZING. My daughter and I were in it every morning and evening, whether we needed a bath or not!

The bed was really comfortable (again, important to me, due to sleep and back issues!) and the bedding was excellent.

We took day trips down to the adorable town of Makawao, to Paia, and over to Kihei and Wailea. It was great to be in the heat of the beach areas, but what I really loved about the location of this rental is that it's partway up a mountain, so the climate is cooler and perfect. I'm not a big heat person, unless I'm in the ocean or a pool, so it was so nice to come home after a hot, sweaty day at the beach, shower, and be able to have dinner on the balcony in the cool breeze, listening to the birds and the trees in the wind.

Again, due to my sleep issues, I have a really hard time sleeping in the heat, and it got chilly enough at night here that I was perfectly comfortable in my pj's and the comforter on the bed.

The Aloha Cottage was a great place for my daughter and I to just hang out and relax, take walks (I recommend the Pine Forest, just a few minutes up the hill), take baths, and lay in the sun. It was also a great base for us to explore farther reaches of the island, away from the tourist crowds, noise, and traffic.

A perfect spot for a couple who appreciate quiet, privacy, understated elegance and comfort. Can't wait to go back next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cool climate and the privacy.
Liked least: The distance from the beach could be an issue for some.
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Austin

Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Oct 2, 2011
Aloha,
The cottage is furnished with 100% Italian cotton linens by Calvin Klein. In addition to the down comforter, we have extra blankets available in the closet for any chilly nights. We are always available for any issues our guests may have and are happy to respond as soon as you let us know of your needs.
We take great pride in the cleanliness of our cottage. We are in the tropics, so keeping the cottage clean and fresh is of utmost importance and requires diligent care. We often have guests wishing they could take our cleaning staff home with them, and we consistently receive exceptional ratings on the cleanliness of our cottage.
As always, we strive to make each guest stay an exceptional one. While we respect the privacy of our guests, we are only a phone call away and always available to take care of any needs or concerns you may have.
HI
Reviewed September 17, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing