“family massage time, oh ya!”
Review of Ho'omana Spa Maui

Ho'omana Spa Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Ho'omana Spa Maui is a Hawaiian owned and operated Day Spa perpetuating Ancient Hawaiian ways through Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage, Ho'oponopono (Energetic Alignment), and La'au Lapa'au (Plant Medicine). Offering Hawaiian Spa Rituals, Couples Packages, Herbal Baths, and Beauty and Body Treatments. Ho'omana Spa Maui brings Hawaiian Healing to your modern spa experience.
Portland, Maine
“family massage time, oh ya!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Lomi massage fantastic! So relaxing, I have not the words. My son booked massages for the family as a gift. We all went. Mercedes was so gentle and skilled! The facility is very pretty, a sweet space. Justin, a great massage therapist and co owner does a very nice job on the gardens of the grounds. We loved it here and would definitely go again.....and again......and again.

Visited February 2014
kalalala, Front Office Manager at Ho'omana Spa Maui, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Spending time with our 'ohana (family) is so important to us at Ho'omana Spa Maui & we are so glad that hear that you were able to enjoy family time here at our spa!

Makawao, Hawaii
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fabulous Lomi lomi massages. The ultimate in pampering. Beautiful grounds! Seminars offered on many aspects of healing and spirituality.

Visited February 2014
kalalala, Front Office Manager at Ho'omana Spa Maui, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much, Katharine! We hope to see you here at Ho'omana soon & look forward to many more great visits with you.
Cloverdale, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A Maui gem of a day spa”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

What a wonderful experience this spa was. Had just arrived on a really rough flight and was exhausted. Had the 2 1/2 hr Island Escape and it was pure heaven. I have had the good fortune of going to a number of spas, many on Maui, and I am lucky to have a wonderful masseuse that I see every month. So I feel confident in saying that this was one of the best massages and treatments I have ever had. My masseuse was Meggy and she was very skilled and caring. Very pampering, spiritual but also very therapeutic. I had a lomi lomi massage with hot stones and it was incredible. I have had a stone massage before but it was nothing like this.

This would probably be a really nice place to stay also. It is a ways outside of Makawao in a beautiful area in upcountry. Very peaceful with beautiful gardens. Everyone we met was just wonderful. Professional but friendly. A nice quality in a spa.

Went for a facial at the Awili spa at the Andaz Maui, where we were staying, later in the week. It was nice but did not compare in quality, care and price. This same treatment would have cost 2-3 times as much as Awili. And I just can't imagine that it would have been as good or better. It is not as high end/fancy smancy as some of the resort spas but honestly, for me, that is not a deal breaker in any way. It is the quality of the treatments.

Visited February 2014
Aloha Rick & Deborah! It is so important for our clients to enjoy their experience & it is so great that you two had such a great time with us. The Lomi 'ili is definitely a great choice for treatment & one of our favorites also. Please visit us again!
Wallkill, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“"The Ultimate Spa Experience" - A "must" for any trip to Maui”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I are spa fanatics. From Mii Amo at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona, to Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, to the Grand Wailea in Maui, and even the Mohonk Mountain House here where we live in Upstate New York. we are always looking to try new Spa and massage experiences. I personally am hooked on Stone Massages and have found it a challenge to find massage therapists who can actually work the stones. We have a strong belief in the "spiritual" nature of massage therapy. It is not just about the manipulation of muscles and joints...it is about the "energy" that the massage therapists shares. Ho'omana offers the entire experience in a beautiful surrounding. To get to the spa you drive to "up country" and see a part of Maui you might not otherwise experience, with winding roads and incredible views along the way.

The spa staff is unique...both in their training and approach to massage....combining ancient techniques from both the East and from Hawaiian Traditions. One of the very special parts of the massage is where the therapist sing Hawaiian chants at the beginning and end of the session. We highly recommend getting the "Couples Massage" package. This was one of our all time top massage experiences....this is a "must do " for any trip to Maui!

Visited January 2014
Mahalo, Kay! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us. We always strive to give the best experience, both spiritually & energetically & are so glad that you were able to share that with us. Please visit us again soon!
Pukalani, Hawaii
“A Must Experience”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Prior to my experience with Ho`omana Spa Maui, I was very skeptical about the benefits of massage therapy. However, with one treatment I was hooked. The ambiance of the spa grounds sets the tone for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Spa therapists are sensitive to clients' needs and strive to make sure no one leaves disappointed with their treatment. Jeanna's healing touch is a spiritual experience, and Meggie's technique is very healing. For budget conscious people, the student clinic sessions are affordable and awesome. This is so different from hotel spa's. It is a must for any visitor who wants a more authentic Maui spa experience than the hotel strips offer, as well for as Maui residents who are looking for a way to relieve stress and rejuvenate their body, mind, and soul. I am now a regular customer.

Visited January 2014
Thank you, Robin! We are so honored to have gained you as a regular client & are so glad that you have developed an appreciation for massage therapy/lomi lomi after your experience with us! We look forward to your next visit with us.