“Exhilarating Experience for Our Family”

Piiholo Ranch Zipline
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Piiholo Ranch Zipline offers side-by-side zip tours, treetop zip tours, hiking tours, and a Zip & Waterfall Hike Combo tour. The Side-by-Side Zip Course features guided tours that zip high over trees and deep ravines with spectacular views from Upcountry Maui and the famous Piiholo Hill. The premier 5 Line Zip Tour is a wild ride that finishes with the longest side-by-side zipline in Maui -- over half a mile long! A different kind of guided zipline adventure awaits on the Treetop Zipline Course! Soar high above the Kahakapao Valley from tree to tree, experience flying sensations swooping down into the valley on platforms high in the eucalyptus rain forest, sail through canopy tunnels, and explore the Pirate Ship Tree House. Choose your adventure!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exhilarating Experience for Our Family”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family went on the 5-Line Zipline tour and had an exhilarating experience. What drew our attention was the half-mile zipline over the gorgeous canyon. My almost 12 year-old son felt comfortable and secure in the equipment. My husband and I have gone ziplining before, and Piiholo provided an exciting experience for us. The views of the ranch, canyons, and from the top mountain provided spectacular scenery photos! Helpful and friendly staff made our trip even better! It was a bit "expensive" compared to other mainland ziplines, but we figured this was a once in a lifetime event for our family. We enjoyed it thoroughly!

1 Thank Becky L

Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun adventure with wonderful staff!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a great experience from start to finish. Off the bat, starting with the safety training, it was apparent that the company takes the important stuff seriously but not themselves too seriously (in a good way!) The witty guides kept us entertained during the times between ziplines and made the "downtime" enjoyable, with plenty of information about the various ecosystems and history in the surrounding area--with plenty of movie quotes and jokes interspersed. We appreciated the snack break (included in the price) in the middle of our tour. The ziplines themselves were plenty long and increased in their spectacular-ness as we went along. Definitely a magnificent way to see Maui, and even for people who aren't height-enthusiasts, it's honestly not that scary once you get past the first one! (They are also one of the few ziplines I have come across that offers a walk-along for people who opt out. We had a walker in our group and she was able to get excellent pictures for us!)

Also, as an odd perk, they offer the cleanest porta-potties I have ever seen.

1 Thank TheSheriffInTown
New Braunfels, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“went there very scared and left totally amazed and happy”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I wasn't very happy when my husband wanted to zip line on our vacation and was sure that someone would have to give me a kick or I wouldn't do it. I had a blast, sure it was a little scary to go up the high tower or up the hanging bridge ramps (not really sure what to call those lol) the staff was so nice and helpful that they almost took away my fear and I was able to really enjoy myself. We took the 5 line zip tour and I would recommend to spend the extra money if you are planing on doing the 4 line anyway. The first 3 lines are the same for both tours and then you go on two more, the last two are by far the best and so worth the extra money to do the 5 line.

1 Thank CB1888
Wellington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyable experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our 2 young adults had a great time, the company certainly takes safety seriously, good to see! The guides fun & there were wonderful views, the lines long & the kids enjoyed being side by side. I'm not good on heights so thought I wouldn't enjoy but the kids felt I would of been fine, my daughter isn't good with heights either but didn't have a problem. Lots of fun!

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great attraction”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This crew are true professionals. The attraction is 5 star due mainly to the excellent staff. They were friendly, engaging, fun and safe.
We had an 8 year old girl and a 79 year old grandma in our group!
Well done to the fine staff and the management on a very slick operation